NOVA Corporation is 100% tribally owned by the Navajo Nation. Recognized by the Small Business Administration (SBA), we are certified as a Tribally Owned 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business.
NOVA Corporation is dedicated to providing outstanding services to its customers and employees. Our strength is in our ability to understand our client's needs and deliver a solution that will not only meet those needs but exceed their expectations.
NOVA Corporation strives to be innovative in all areas of business and is committed to technical excellence. Our corporate offices are located on the Navajo Nation reservation in Window Rock, Arizona, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Columbia, Maryland.
NOVA Corporation provides unique, custom solutions to meet our customers’ communications needs. Our solutions provide communication capabilities using modern technology. At their most complex, they are multi-purpose systems that gather information from dozens of different sources. The information is presented to decision makers immediately, visually, clearly.
NOVA Corporation is an equal opportunity employer provided this position is subject to the Navajo Preference in Employment Act.
Senior Network Engineer
The candidate must have broad experience designing data center networks and network architecture, using a variety of types of servers, computers, operating systems, and applications. This individual will (1) maintain the current data center network architecture, supporting the existing communications infrastructure, developing/implementing strategies to meet future requirements, and migrating future requirements into the current processing environment in a manner consistent with existing infrastructure, security configurations, policies and directives; (2) engineer enterprise network architecture changes due to updated policies, security, and customer requirements; (3) engineer proxy capabilities; (4) support technical meetings/discussions; (5) work with customers to determine requirements; (6) have experience with communication strategies accessing web-based portals, which must be maintained and enhanced as technology evolves; (7) engineer new architectures based on a SDLC approach with project planning/budgeting and project management and reporting to the customer.
Knowledge of National and DoD policies and procedures and knowledge of a wide range of principles, concepts and methodologies involving Informational System Security and COMSEC programs to allow development of Information Assurance policies and procedures. Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office, UNIX and understand measures to limit network access to servers. Candidate must understand the following technologies: 802.1q trunking, IPSec/VPN, TACACS/RADIUS, and convergent networks. Candidate must understand networking protocols (TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, DLSW, etc.). Candidate must have a familiarity of DISA STIGs, network separation, and encryptors. Preference is given to a candidate with previous experience in a DoD Government customer environment.
The candidate will provide Network Engineering Support to include detailed technical analysis, engineering designs, architectural designs and solutions in support of requirements from new customer proposals, or other proposals. The candidate will support technical solutions under systems architecture to include UNIX, Windows, Sun, HP systems designs and proposals. The candidate will produce and distribute the approved copy of the plan, its appendices, and associated modeling data. The candidate will support network engineering modernization, standardization and automation activities.
In particular, the candidate will perform the following:
1. Engineer enterprise network architectural changes in response to policies, security or customer requirements
2. Ensure compliance with Joint Task Force (JTF) directives for ports and protocols
3. Engineer proxy capabilities required by CSD customers within the IA architecture
4. Evaluate and engineer network solutions based upon customer’s requirements, with some hands-on testing.
5. Attend meetings with customers to collect information for designing network changes and to provide customer network architecture standards
6. Support Technical Discussions/Meetings
7. Prepare technical documentation
8. Perform research necessary to create Bill of Materials, and provide input into the Bill of Materials
9. Design and support migration strategies in support of the customers; which includes migrating future customer processing requirements into the customer processing environment in a manner consistent with present practices. These migration requirements must conform to the physical and logical infrastructure, security configurations such as ACLs and deny by default; and is to be integrated with the customer Information Assurance network. The contractor must ensure that all DoD polices and directives from the Joint Task Force (JTF) are followed.
10. Coordinate with other members of the team to develop a network design that is consistent with customer standard architecture. The architecture includes all servers and storage as well as communications and security equipment at the data centers.
Clearance Required: Secret; requires a minimum interim Secret security clearance eligibility when performance starts.
Minimum Education, Certifications, Training and Experience: CCNA/CCNP is a plus.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience, with minimum 6 years of experience,
Location: SMC Mechanicsburg, PA
NOVA Corporation provides merchants a broad range of transaction processing services and products, including authorization and capture of...