Location : San Francisco, CA - Downtown
Want to change the world AND have a fantastic business model to
do it with? With over $400 million in loans funded and over 1.6
million members, Prosper Marketplace has created the world's first
peer-to-peer lending marketplace. We bring together
creditworthy borrowers with individual and institutional investors.
Prosper was named one of the "Top 10 Venture-Backed
Companies" by The Wall Street Journal in 2011 and 2012. We have a
solid foundation, but we need your expertise to help take this
concept to an even higher level.
Located in downtown San Francisco, we are looking for
someone who has the ability to multi-task projects, rapidly adapt
to and learn new technologies, and be flexible to a changing
environment. For those that like to keep their skill sets finely
tuned on major technology vendors, we have the right equipment
including Cisco, VMWare, HP, and Microsoft. The ideal candidate
should have experience in a variety of fields including Web Service
Architecture, network, systems and application security, design and
analysis and the ability to troubleshoot across many technology
disciplines. We are growing and need an energetic individual who
likes to face challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage the network support a 24x7 e-commerce site running on
Windows and VMWare.
- Proactive management and optimization of systems.
- Planning, design, selection, and implementation of new
equipment, services, and vendors.
- Maintain security and integrity of the technology platform
- Define and meet SLA guidelines for various technology services
across the business
- Implement disaster recovery and business continuity procedures
for technology operations
Additional desired skills:
- Cisco Switches, ACE, FWSM
- Palo Alto Networks Firewalls
- VMware (ESXi 4.1 and above)
- Network Design, Analysis and Installation/Support
- Knowledge of network security best practices and solutions
- Windows 2003/2008 (X86 and X64) Active Directory
- Server patch management utilizing WSUS or other
- iSCSI and Fiber Channel SAN connectivity
- Symantec Anti-Virus/Anti-Spam enterprise systems for clients
and mail servers.
- Knowledge of N-Tier web applications
- Understanding of high availability and
fault-tolerant technology implementations
Education and certifications
- Experience with HP Servers
- Experience with SANs and iSCSI
- Experience in Enterprise environments and Data Centers
- Experience with various backup solutions such as Barracuda and
- Previous experience with Cisco 6500 a big plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good documentation
- Financial services and regulatory environment experience (PCI,
please submit your resume to email@example.com .
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in computer science or demonstrated an
- Cisco (CCNA or CCNP/CCDP) and other relevant certifications
- VCP (or CVE) and other relevant certifications highly
- CISSP and other relevant certifications highly desirable.
As many of you know, Prosper is a startup, burning thru venture capital, and near the end of its cash. As a result, Prosper needs a...