ROLE: SR. Network Engineer
REPORTING TO: Network Operations and Back office Applications Manager
ORGANIZATION: I T
COMPANY: Specialized Bicycle Components
LOCATION: Morgan Hill, CA
SUMMARY: Engineer, design, and administer network environment for geographically disperse offices and a highly mobile work force.
We are a small, intense, and dedicated group that supports a growing enterprise of 1000+ users around the globe. If you are well rounded in an array of IT skills, but primarily Cisco IOS, ASA Security Appliances, WAN, WLAN controllers, Windows ISA, Network Topology, NOC setup/monitoring and Network Security designs. Then we would like to talk with you. The primary focus of this position is to help us expand and maintain our growing network.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
SPECIFICALLY IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Help design and maintain our expanding global network environment.
- Administration and maintenance of all Cisco routers, security appliances and related systems.
- Develop best practices for routing, WAN, VOIP, VLAN, Class of Service, VPN, remote access as they apply to our environment and deploy and maintain.
- Daily interaction with company employees regarding care and maintenance of desktop and laptop computers, peripherals, and software.
- Administration and security of Network and ERP access.
- Work in project teams made up of other members of the IS staff, and internal/external vendors as needed to implement the above.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN:
- Build a better network. Help design and implement global user and access policies. Help design and maintain our WAN environment and policies.
- Maintain global topology map.
- Plan for, Test, and Deploy IOS upgrades and security patches as needed.
- Monitor network and data center health. Proactively maintain server systems and respond to network monitoring alarms and notifications as required to maximize systems uptime and availability to minimize user impact.
- Utilize Helpdesk application to manage IT requests for hardware/software repair, maintenance, replacement, or adjunction.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- CCIE or equivalent, or better, experience in midsize or larger Cisco based network environments.
- Three years’ experience in Cisco Administration.
- Three years’ experience in PC and Mac Desktop Support or previous Helpdesk experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with Windows Server 2003, 2008, Exchange 2003 and 2007, 2010, and or Sharepoint.
- Experience with Linux, PHP, Perl, Postfix, Spamassassin is a plus.
- Quarterly travel is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
Specialized is the global leader in the designing and manufacturing of high performing technology advanced bicycles, components and cycling apparel for world champion riders and cycling enthusiast. Founded in 1974 and headquartered in Morgan Hill, California, Specialized is a global company with offices throughout the world.
Specialized Bicycle Components - 10 months ago
Specialized Bicycle Components didn't set out to make a museum piece, but the company's original Stumpjumper (the first...