Owns overall management, configuration, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of Company’s global data network systems which may include both customer-facing data centers and internal facing facilities networks. Includes Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), wireless and other data network systems across the organization. Responsible for the appropriate monitoring of traffic and performance of network related systems and services to ensure all aspects meet SLAs and business needs.
What you will do:
What you need for this position:
- Design and implement short and long term strategic plans to ensure data, voice, and video capabilities to meet existing and future requirements. Working with manager, develop and maintain an ongoing strategic plan for each technology within Network Infrastructure.
- Lead strategic as well as tactical efforts to architect, implement, monitor, and improve our 24/7 network operations, as well as our telecom operations that include voice, data and video services
- Drive the planning, design, implementation, organization, and operation of the company’s data and communications networks including redundancy and resiliency as indicated by business requirements
- Determine appropriate standards for network related hardware and software across the organization
- Develop and manage large capital and expense budgets for network hardware and software procurement on a global basis.
- Work with business units on projected growth paths. Coordinate feasibility and cost studies, including economic and population growth studies, to determine impact on network capacity and development plan projections. Develop/deploy methodologies for forecasting communications capacity requirements to ensure adequate company readiness
- Evaluate network technology product vendors/providers by conducting research and cost/benefit analyses on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts. Negotiate agreements with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors, working with Procurement as applicable, to secure network products and services. Monitor vendor services and performance in accordance with those agreements.
- Develop and maintain solid understanding of Customer needs and strengthen working relationships with key partners across the Company.
- Develop and implement policies/procedures for daily operational management, including best practices for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting escalated end user network issues
- Develop, implement, and maintain training plans for Network Infrastructure resources.
- Work with Company Technology Security function to put appropriate technology and procedures in place to ensure the effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems to meet industry best practice and security compliance (PCI and SOX) mandates; maintain knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Establish and deploy testing/measurement methodologies including network performance criteria. Ensure that staff are knowledgeable of performance criteria so they can conduct monitoring activities appropriately.
- Assist in the creation of appropriate network related SLAs and ensure same are met with appropriate follow up and remediation steps when not met
Education and/or Experience:
- Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network system protocols and standards.
- Significant experience in network systems architecture/engineering.
- Hand on experience with a wide variety devices (routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, VoIP) including Cisco, Brocade, and others.
- Experience with monitoring tools, and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to demonstrate technical understanding network and application layer protocols such as IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, SMTP, DNS, HTTPS.
- Familiarity with F5 BIG-IP, Local Traffic Managers and Cisco Wireless controllers.
- Ability to implement and support routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP, EIGRP) and WAN technologies (e.g., MPLS, OC-3, DS3). Knowledge and exposure to a variety of firewall environments.
- Significant network troubleshooting and resolution experience of LAN’s, WAN’s, WLAN’s, RAS, etc. Familiarity with security related network issues and their appropriate resolution.
- Strong business and process analytic skills
- Knowledge of IT best practice support processes including escalations and call centers
- Experience with PCI SOX mandates as they pertain to IT
- Experience with project management
- Detail oriented and deadline driven
- Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical personnel
- Strong knowledge of security standards
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Willingness to work out of hours to support the system
- Conflict management skills
What’s in it for you:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years relevant work experience
- Enterprise/Large Company management experience
- Experience managing remote and matrixed resources
We offer a tremendous opportunity to work with great people and do great things. You can expect a salary in line with your capabilities, a strong benefits package, four weeks of vacation, as well as an onsite game room and fully-stocked kitchen that is the envy of the block.
If you are the driven and adaptable person described above, possess a demonstrable history and are fun to be around, then we have a place for you!
Endurance International Group - 8 months ago