About this position
Twitter is currently seeking a Network Security Engineer who is highly proficient and has had hands-on experience with high density datacenter networking topologies, configuration, security, troubleshooting, and traffic management. Twitter's Reliability Engineering group manages a fast-paced and constantly growing network that seeks to implement cutting-edge technology to power the systems behind one of the world's largest websites and social media platforms. This position would focus on network security and the solutions that supported this infrastructure
- Implement, and maintain network security policy, standards, and procedures.
- Deploy and maintain access-list and firewall policies for high throughput environments.
- Define network security best practice policies for both corporate and production environments.
- Design and implement firewall, VPN, and IDS/IPS solutions for data center environments.
- Build and support a network log aggregation infrastructure and support incident response initiatives.
- Design and develop tools for detection of malicious network activity.
- Actively participate in the configuration and management of a high density network security equipment.
- Provide 24/7 on-call security operational support on a rotational basis.
- M.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience securing large-scale web applications.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP stack and TCP/IP troubleshooting tools (tcpdump/protocol analysis)
- Run periodic network vulnerability scans and security reviews.
- Participate in compliance audits from a network perspective.
- Support the incident responses with network data and solutions.
- Automation and scripting skills for configuration management and monitoring.
- Hands-on network engineering and Operations oncall experience.
- Experience with regulatory compliance audits such as ISO 27001/2, DSS, SOX, ISO 17799, HIPPA, CA SB 1386.
- Experience developing and debugging in Python, Ruby or C.
- Active user of Twitter
Here's less than 140 characters for ya: trivial texts or not, every one's all a-twitter about tweeting. Twitter operates a free...