Senior Network Engineer (Firewall) (Job Number: 009213) |
Responsible for designing, developing, analyzing, troubleshooting, and documenting computer network security infrastructure. Responsible for design and feature enhancements to keep systems running smoothly. Ensures that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues related to firewall/VPN/SSL infrastructures. Participates and may lead major network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades and new products/features, and integration. Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc.). The position will require hands on implementation and deployment of data and network security projects, Change Management, ongoing maintenance activities, and network engineering support. Assists in the planning, forecasting and implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems of moderate complexity. Works under general supervision. Responsible for evaluating current network security systems.
- Designs, implements, and maintains network security and network systems including LAN/WAN, VPN, IPSEC, and Firewalls. Provides on-call support for network systems and infrastructure.
- Engineers security solutions and standards based on requirements, best practices, and technical knowledge. Provides analysis and recommendations for the evolution and enhancement of the enterprise network security.
- Participates in network security planning and network engineering. Assists in the planning, forecasting and implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems of moderate complexity. Participates and leads major network projects to support new initiatives, capacity, life-cycle management, upgrades, new products/features, and integration.
- Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned, such as, system builds, test plans, documentation, and training. Performs security reviews and audits to help the IT Security organization with network security issues.
- Implements and deploys data and network security projects, Change Management, ongoing maintenance activities, and network engineering support. Participates in the diagnosis, isolation and resolution of network problems. Identifies and documents the root cause.
- Enforces network security strategies and procedures. Evaluates current network security systems. Ensures compliance with change control processes and adherence to standards.
- Implements, monitors, and troubleshoots Juniper firewall filters, Cisco access lists, Checkpoint policies, TACACS+, and other network security features. Develops and implements network DoS mitigation strategies and offer 24X7 on-call response during security incidents.
- Provides guidance and training to operational staff, including Network Administrators.
- Identifies, proactively, potential issues in the production environment and helps recommend potential solutions.
- Recommends changes in maintenance and systems standards, and trains support personnel on the conversion and implementation of the system.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in IT Infrastructure/Network environments OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of IT experience in Infrastructure/Network.
- At least 5 years of experience working in networking systems, network/information security or information technology, in one or more of the following:
- Cisco ASA, FWSM, Juniper, Checkpoint firewalls; Network load balancing, such as F5 or Cisco; IP network and routing; IDS/IPS, HTTP, TCP, DNS; Defense in depth security; Wireless network security.
- At least 3 years of experience performing network engineering, including design, planning, and implementation, with a strong focus on security in a corporate enterprise environment.
- Project management experience, including developing project scope and plan.
- CISSP granted by The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium or CNNP granted by Cisco.
- Experience with network security standards such as SOX and PCI compliance
- Knowledge of network security best practices with hands on experience configuring Firewall Rules, IDS/IPS, TACACS, and ACLs (example: Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, and Fortinet).
- Experience with Network Analysis Sniffer tools.
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols, including OSPF, EIGRP, RIPv2, and BGP.
- Experience working in corporate network environments with WAN technologies such as Firewalls, Switches, Proxy, VPN SSL, VLAN and MPLS Networks
Walgreens - 2 years ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...