Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of relatively complex clerical, secretarial, and administrative duties in support of the assigned functional area(s).
This position is in Salary Grade J: $17.03 - $21.33 - $25.63 per hour. The hiring range for this position is from $17.03 to $22.40 per hour.
- Assists Contract Administrators with conducting reference checks, Dunn and Brad reports, generating specialized reports, and assisting with preparation of basic agreements/ amendments and documents for public meetings. Compiles specialized reports based on data obtained from a variety of sources and assists with specialized assignments.
- Coordinates the board calendar for procurement items; processes board reports, works with managers to determine items scheduled for committee and board action, updates and distributes the calendar, and prepares board and committee packets. Receives and distributes all final staff reports to user departments.
- Coordinates assigned program activities with contact administrators and vendors as required. Schedules meetings, updates and maintains databases, creates lists and reports from the system, indexes and files recorded material on the network mainframe to ensure accessibility; maintains hard-copy and electronic files and prepares handouts.
- Produces various documents, including memos, letters, reports, manuals, legal agreements, contracts, minutes, and agendas, tables, schedules, lists, statistical charts, graphs and graphic displays in support of the purchasing/contracting functions. Proofs materials for grammar, punctuation, and correct format; assures accuracy and thoroughness. Performs quality assurance/quality control review of evaluation score sheets and Board of Director matrix. Performs records management including control of incoming and outgoing documents, coordination of records storage, and control of forms.
- Coordinates the processing of all public records requests including researching, copying/preparing documents, responding to the requestor, tracking requests, and coordinating delivery of materials. Conducts follow up as needed.
- Coordinates signature process for legal documents for the department, interfacing with all levels of management to obtain necessary signatures required in the execution of agreements and amendments.
- Relays messages, provides information, responds to requests, resolves problems, explains policies and procedures, and refers callers to manager or section managers as appropriate. Acts as receptionist for incoming department visitors; answers, responds and directs all incoming calls; receives, sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Monitors collective bargaining agreement expenditures and eligibility with respect to performance indicators, and purchase reimbursements; provides timekeeping and input for employees, when assigned.
- Performs a wide variety of clerical, secretarial, and administrative duties related to the specialized section to which assigned. Records and prepares minutes. Arranges meetings, conferences, and travel. Schedules department's training room. Maintains current filing responsibilities.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma with approximately five to eight years of increasingly responsible clerical experience, most of which is in the area of expertise.
- Related education preferred.
- Basic procurement/contracting principles, procedures and techniques.
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Principles of record keeping, data collection, data management and research techniques.
- Organizational/departmental goals and objectives.
- Computer software skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications in a Microsoft Office environment.
- General administrative policies and procedures.
- Effective telephone techniques, etiquette, and customer service.
- Work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Prioritize, organize and perform multiple responsibilities to meet time constraints and deadlines.
- Interface with the public and all levels of staff, including executive management within the agency.
- Prepare, compose, analyze, proofread, and correct text for accurate spelling, typing, punctuation, grammar and formatting for a variety of written correspondence and reports.
- Ensure high degree of accuracy and attention-to-detail.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Make basic mathematical calculations.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
ORANGE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Orange County Transportation Authority - 20 months ago