Job ID: 0117-11418
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients'' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The Office of Corporate Counsel at Charles Schwab provides legal services and support for the Charles Schwab family of financial services companies to support business growth, advise regarding legal and other risks, and meet the needs of clients and shareholders.
The Intellectual Property and Contracts legal team is responsible for reviewing, drafting, and negotiating Schwab’s commercial contracts. The team manages the complete life cycle of Schwab’s contracts.
Brief Description of Role:
As a Senior Contracts Negotiator (Senior Manager), you will be a senior-level individual contributor and you will independently review, draft and negotiate all offshore agreements and work orders,including but not limited to: confidentiality agreements, work orders, amendments, licensing agreements and services agreements, and engage legal counsel when necessary. You will work closely with Schwab''s offshore office and team.
Additional responsibilities will also include:
- Work closely with legal counsel on structuring and negotiating more complex contracts when appropriate.
- Liaise extensively with Schwab business groups to ensure that the business deal is memorialized in all drafts of the contract, work order or amendment.
- Solicit input and manage the data gathering process from business groups on all outstanding business terms in agreement.
The successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in a contract negotiation role required.
- Experience working with Commercial contracts required.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Strong negotiation skills, as evidenced by progressively responsible experience.
- Strong drafting skills and a keen attention to detail along with drafting and agreement negotiation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects as the position requires the ability to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and analyze contractual issues and provide solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of skills utilizing computer software applications, such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must have strong work ethic and be a high energy, self motivated professional with excellent people skills, and be able to work independently.
- Prior Financial Services is preferred.
Relocation Offered? No
Work Schedule Days
Languages English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications None
Relevant Work Experience Legal-6+ yrs
Position Located In TX - Austin, CA - San Francisco
Job Type Full Time
Login | Help
Charles Schwab - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and...