This candidate will be responsible for creating the online cross-site VRI customer experience across 6 mountain brands (Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, Northstar) and all corporate initiatives (i.e. snow.com, Epic Pass, RockResorts). This includes working with our various brands and businesses to address shared and unique goals as well as develop the online VRI strategic direction. The candidate will be instrumental in creating the websites that deliver the Vail Resorts brand experiences and drive engagement and, ultimately, revenue growth to the bottom line. This position will work closely with web analytics, internal and external partners, and industry experts to develop recommendations based on usage and patterns, work closely with managers across the organization to provide varying levels of both strategic and project management support, oversee and develop snow.com and other sites (including maintenance, enhancements, new site designs, ecommerce, video, photos, content, and new technologies).
- Online Guest Experience: Lead Vail Resorts’ various marketing organizations to optimize the guest experience on its websites and maximize online sales. Responsibility for defining the platforms’ user experience, vision, and strategy, and informing the innovation agenda
- Establish best practices and standards; Identify new technologies to employ across the company’s websites; Capitalize on opportunities to invest collectively in new functionality; Implement user testing and research.
- Prioritize work requests and enhancements based on ROI, strategic initiatives and customer needs. Lead project teams and where relevant manages projects him/herself against agreed upon On-time, On-budget, On-scope deployments.
- Analyze and report website usage data including a rigorous ROI. Conduct and effectively communicate detailed market analysis, including determining financial impact of potential future products and ROI-based product development
- Online/Offline Integration: Partner with central reservations, ticketing and other offline businesses to integrate the online and offline experience for our guests.
- Customer Relationship Management: Partner with Marketing Services to implement our CRM strategy online and to ensure the integration of our online CRM efforts with our offline efforts.
- Web Technology Platform: Partner with internal IT to develop the company’s web technology platform.
- Agency Management: Lead/support/coordinate various marketing organizations relationships with web design/development
- Web cross-site optimization- Work with key partners including brand, agency, and IT to determine key cross-site experiences including requirements, functionality, look/feel and brand representation. Liaise with partners to ensure proper communication, alliance, and approvals. Manage multiple partners, divergent needs and determine common solutions. Liaise with analytics team to understand trends, metrics and interpret these to make recommendations to partners and improve site experience. Must understand and anticipate next generation of interactive experiences, site design, usability, and e-commerce.
- Project and Relationship management- Work with agencies and brands to understand and determine online initiatives. Provide varying degrees of support to facilitate on target strategy and timely launch. Project manage and/or provide user experience feedback. Work with agencies to understand VRI projects and ensure effective time management.
- Snow.com and other sites content management- Oversee and develop content (including video, photo, copy). Work with partners to develop other online marketing initiatives (eg. Colorado Pass Club, Wholesale, international, ski school, etc). Prior experience in marketing and online development a must.
- Website new functionality and emerging technologies- Develop new functionality for snow.com to be leveraged by other sites (eg. e-Commerce, SMS, Social integration, Video, Photo, EpicMix)
- Four-year college degree is required; focus in marketing, communications, computer science, or behavioral science is beneficial.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in marketing, business development and/or business strategy, including a minimum of five (5) years of experience in e-commerce or online marketing, with responsibility for user experience development/management, e-commerce, online marketing and/or online business strategy. Experience managing the development of marketing plans, print advertising, Internet marketing plans, promotions and collateral materials is preferred.
- Reports to the Director Online marketing, supervises 2 manager positions and 4 coordinator positions.
- Strong understanding of website standards, usability, site design, and ecommerce preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience presenting to senior-level audiences.
- Experience managing staff and proven success in leadership. Proven ability to collaborate well across functions and departments, to work as part of a team, and to lead teams in achieving goals. Experience managing many projects simultaneously to successful execution. Familiarity with the travel industry, and the online travel customer decision-making process is helpful.
- Active interest in skiing, snowboarding and travel is helpful.
- Travel to our various resorts and lodging properties will be required
- Superior analytical thinking, communication and people management skills. Demonstrated track record of strong short and long term strategic planning. Strong creative problem solving skills. Excellent project management skills. Must be able to interact with all levels of the business.
- Visual Design including Photoshop and Visio preferred
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 9 months ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...