Would you like to develop large-scale highly available secure online services and infrastructure for games? Write code that is used by thousands of developers in hundreds of games? Work with a team that consistently ships multi-million unit selling games? And be a part of creating something Epic ? If you answered yes to any of those questions we would like to talk to you about joining our team, where everything we do is Epic .
Epic Games is building a team to develop large-scale highly available secure online services and infrastructure to support innovative connected online gaming for new and existing IPs that is going to revolutionize the gaming industry. The person in this role will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable and highly available system architecture and will work closely with other engineers translating the non-functional requirements into system architecture and design.
While we are ideally looking for a senior or principal level engineer we are open to candidates with relevant experience at varying levels. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Reviews, designs and oversees the implementation of system architecture to support millions of users
- Acts as liaison with external hosting provider, including CDN, cloud service provider
- Maintains and communicates technical risks across the group
- Implements automated deployment process to production
- Implements automated service monitoring
- Provides input for production/live release control process
- Security hardening of online systems and infrastructure
- Collects and analyzes metrics from online services
- Mentors and coaches engineers
- Follows the industry trends in the online world
- Experience architecting and operating 24/7 services with constant high traffic
- Experience as a system architect of secure, scalable and highly available online services
- Extensive experience with unix flavored O/S
- Experience with deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Fabric
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Experience with network threat detection and mitigation
- Experience with setting up continuous integration infrastructure using TeamCity or Jenkins
- Experience with distributed systems such as Zookeeper, etc.
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters Degree a plus but not required
- Previous experience with application development
- Experience with managing both relational and NO SQL database