Sr Open World Content Designer
Red 5 Studios, creator of the free-to-play MMO Shooter Firefall ( www.firefallthegame.com ), is a video game developer dedicated to bringing together millions of gamers from across the planet by creating immersive worlds, intriguing stories, and compelling characters.
Created by seasoned developers including the team-lead for vanilla World of Warcraft and the lead designer of Tribes and Tribes 2, Firefall ’s combat is fast paced, furious, and plays like a top-tier action oriented shooter. It is the largest massively multiplayer co-op shooter made to date and offers a unique gameplay experience not found anywhere else.
The development process at Red 5 Studios is also deliberately unlike any other. Firefall is designed from the ground up with our audience at our core. We share our game's early development builds and invite our audience to actively share feedback, allowing them to provide a meaningful contribution to the shaping our core gameplay. We regularly read our forums, reply to community feedback, and often times we’ll fly beta testers to our office for feedback sessions and early previews of upcoming builds.
Red 5 Studios is far more than just another game developer. We’re a family; a tribe of men and women who each bring our own unique experiences, knowledge, and accomplishments to the table. We believe that in order to build a great game, you first need great people, and actively encourage and organize fun team-building events and studio outings to strengthen and grow as a family.
If you are interested in joining the Red 5 Tribe, or to learn more about opportunities at the studio, please visit the company web site (www.red5studios.com). For those interested in getting a behind-the-scenes look at what Red 5 Studios is all about, please check out the following video: http://bit.ly/ORU72P
The Design Staff at Red 5 Studios is made up of some of the most passionate and creative minds in the industry. We spend our days envisioning ways to improve our experiences that push our ingenuity and inventiveness to their very limits. Our disciplines range from numbers-oriented systems team, all the way up to the ethereal look and feel designers. It is this fusion of different skills and perspectives that lets us challenge ourselves to create something truly fun and innovative. Whether your passion is combat & weaponry, classes and abilities, open world encounters, or high end social events, there is something for you as a contributing member of the Red 5 Studios design Tribe!
- Craft in game content using proprietary in house tools including: Forge (world building tool) Lua (encounter tool), Design Tool (Items, spawn tables etc.).
- Work closely with the narrative and mechanics designers to ensure that your content matches the vision for the story and the mechanics.
- Interface with the world building team to elevate your content to the next level graphically.
- Mentor other open world designers, help them improve their experiences.
- 5+ years of industry related experience with at least one position focused on open world gameplay design.
- Multiplayer encounter experience with an emphasis on cooperative play mechanics.
- Strong Logical Background with familiarity with some experience one or more of the following languages: Lua,C#, Python or other scripting languages.
- Previous experience building open world content for a massively multiplayer online experience.
- Previous team based FPS design experience
Red 5 Studios - 23 months ago