Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Operations Analyst will be a key partner in supporting the operations activities of the company. The role calls for someone who can look at a problem, determine the necessary information needed, and model out a proposed solution that is presentable to management. The individual would also be able to create reports that drive decision making and ensure their accuracy and timely completion. This person will also need to be willing to roll up their sleeves and dive into the details. This is a new position that will help the Company run more efficiently and enable scaling as we continue our rapid growth.
Experience & Skills
- Own modeling of variable labor workforce, partnering with Controller and VP of Operations to plan out critical periods as well as day to day forecasting
- Develop models for forecasting product needs, understanding every step of the supply chain
- Develop and own models to accurately forecast order volume and revenue to inform daily and long term labor and supply chain decisions
- Develop complex labor cost and supply chain sensitivity models to assess financial impact of large strategic decisions as well as volume-amplified smaller operational changes
- Understand margin structure of the company and drive the analysis around margin improvement
- Understand day to day activities and tasks driving labor cost and relevant variables, develop and manage efficiency analysis tools to better predict labor needs and recommend strategies to improve labor cost
- Understand vendor and 3 rd party pricing/billing structure, create and own usage models to accurately forecast vendor budget
- Review invoices from vendors related to customer products and propose negotiating points on pricing
- Assist in monthly and quarterly closes as they relate to product, labor and other variable costs
- Prepare reports for management and investors on company financials and key metrics
- Assist operations team in achieving Cost of Goods Sold and Cost of Sales goals through analysis on printing spend, shipping charges, and labor needs
- Other ad hoc projects as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 3 years of experience at a consulting, Big 4 accounting firm, and/or venture-backed startup, preferably in the online or consumer industry. CPA/MBA strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows as well as US GAAP accounting
- Experience developing/improving processes and creating plans to increase efficiency
- Expert knowledge of Excel and experience modeling, SQL knowledge preferred but not required.
- Ability to present voluminous data in a concise, clear manner
- Strong desire to be at a fast-paced startup company, willingness to dive into the weeds, and work long hours during critical periods
- Detail oriented and very organized, must be able to juggle multiple projects at once, in addition to the day-to-day activities
Minted is a design marketplace. We source creative content from a global community of independent artists, then sell the best content in the...