At Proofpoint, you will find an environment where innovation comes from creative collaboration and where everyone is empowered to go fast and have fun. And if you find joy in taking the "im" out of impossible, you will feel right at home with our team!
We are looking for an oustanding Capacity Engineer with previous experience working with highly-available production environments (e.g., we're running at 99.999%) that can support large-scale customers in the cloud (e.g., we have multiple Fortune 5 customers).
- Maintain a vast and consistent knowledge of our Data Center operations, power consumption & requirements, and planning.
- Work with each of our Operations teams to obtain an ongoing understanding of capacity requirements, and assist in planning for growth.
- Develop processes, tools, and documentation to aid with proper power and capacity requirements.
- Evaluate new solutions (software/hardware) which may contribute to increased efficiency within our infrastructure.
- Participate in regular meetings across our organization (Operations, Engineering, Management) to ensure proper communication and knowledge transfer regarding proper capacity planning.
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience working within data center environments.
- Demonstrable understanding and skills as related to power consumption and planning.
- 5+ years of capacity planning, demand planning, operations planning, or inventory planning experience.
- Statistical analysis experience required Strong analytic skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to manage models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet tools and models.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with industry-standard operational practices such as change management, incident management, and working in colocation data centers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- US citizenship
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills with prior experience presenting to all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical / quantitative skills.
- Ability to make decisions and work under time pressure,
- -Challenged by a team-based environment which places high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer service level, asset management, cost reduction and quality.
- Background in new product introductions and supplier metrics is preferred
Proofpoint - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard