The leading provider of video streaming optimization solutions for enterprises is looking for a big-data infrastructure guru to join their Technical Operations team. The company's platform includes large-scale data collection and storage, real-time big data processing using open source and proprietary technologies, real-time optimization algorithms, etc. The platform evolves through frequent software releases. It is built using MySQL, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, and other data crunching frameworks.
Do you find yourself thinking that's "only" a few hundred terabytes of data? Can you whip up tools on the fly to manage large clusters of servers? Then this is the role for you!
*** The company values talent and enthusiasm and provides very generous compensations packages and flexible schedule with opportunity for partial telecommute. The central office location ensures easy commute to all places in Bay Area. ***
- Manage multiple production MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, and Spark clusters with storage north of 1 PetaByte of data
- Work closely with developers to understand data needs and help define next generation data architectures
- Build processes and tools to aid transparent global production releases, automating deployment processes as much as possible
- Work as part of a team to meet and exceed customer SLAs on Company's 24x7 SaaS platform
- Manage and improve the centralized configuration management system
- Production experience managing large scale SQL and NoSQL data clusters
- Expert level knowledge of Linux and server hardware's impact on application performance
- Programming experience with at least two of Python, Perl, Java, or Shell
- Experience with Hybrid and Cloud architectures
- Experience with automated deployment tools like Puppet/Chef/CFEngine or similar tools, or the ability and inclination to whip one up working closely with developers
- Ability to participate in regular on-call rotation
- Good communications and interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple teams
- Self-motivated, proactive, responsible, and flexible
- BS in CS, computer engineering, related field or equivalent experience
Elti Solutions is a global talent search and recruiting company specializing in providing growing firms with top quality executive,...