At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is seeking a Sr. Operations Engineer for our Fulfillment Center team. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
• Design, build, and improve order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the large-scale supply chain network
• Provide technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects using MS Excel, AutoCAD, and MS Project
• Work with complex Material Handling Systems and packaging lines and process design based on Lean Manufacturing.
• Lead and coordinate design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions for the network, including equipment specification, material flow, process design, and site layout.
• Manage capital projects; create conceptual drawings, equipment specifications and bid documentation to facilitate a competitive bid environment.
• Monitor and enforce project schedules and quality with vendors or subcontractors.
• Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures relating to material handling, processing and storage.
• Provide leadership and coordination between internal departments and vendors for multiple sites.
• Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
• Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment.
• Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Facilitate process improvement initiatives among site operations, engineering, and corporate systems groups.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (any field), Operations, Business Administration, or a related field or 2+ years of Amazon experience
• 5+ years of experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer or related occupation
• Experience must involve technical leadership for industrial engineering projects of at least $5M in total value
• Experience with complex Material Handling Systems and packaging lines or process design based on Lean Manufacturing
• Experience using MS Excel, and MS Project, and AutoCAD
• Ability to travel up to 75% of time to installation sites throughout the United States
• Master’s degree in Engineering (any field), Operations, Business Administration
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...