The mission of the Access to Finance Advisory Services Business Line (A2F BL) is to promote responsible financial inclusion for households and firms in developing countries through the provision of world class advice and capacity building to financial institutions, sector partners, and governments. The business line’s product offerings fall into one of three core product clusters: 1) Micro/Retail, 2) SME/Business, and 3) Financial Infrastructure.
The A2F BL is looking for a Senior Operations Officer who can make critical contributions to the IFC’s engagement as an implementing partner of the G20 Global Partnership on Financial Inclusion. The Senior Operations Officer will report to the Head – SME/Business Cluster.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Senior Operations Officer will be a key member of the A2F BL and its work with the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion. A2F support the Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion through its engagement with its various subgroups.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engage with G20 country leads and subgroups co-chairs in areas related to financial inclusion, including SME finance, data and measurement and work with the standard setting bodies;
- Develop a strategy on engagement with the G20 across the financial inclusion space particularly on focus areas in which IFC can increase its value add, i.e. contributing to areas where it has global/regional experience;
- Lead internal coordination on financial inclusion work within IFC (with regions, other AS BLs and with IS) and between IFC and the WBG (including interface with FPD and CGAP);
- Conduct updates and write briefings for A2F leadership team and IFC management on various topics related to the G20 work as well as broader financial inclusion issues including SME finance and catastrophic risk management;
- Contribute to additional areas of work such as issues related to dealing with catastrophic risks, i.e. assisting financial institutions deal with catastrophic risks that can affect their SME clients. Work on solutions that would manage these risks either at the individual entity (micro) level or at an aggregate portfolio level (meso or macro);
- Support the broader G20 agenda for the Corporation as required, and work closely with IFC colleagues to coordinate our G20 support, including green growth, capital markets, infrastructure, and agrifinance.
- Provide inputs to the overall SME/financial inclusion Knowledge Management activities and products as needed and in particular linking the G20 work with the overall SME/financial inclusion KM agenda at the operational level. An output from the work for the G20 will be to find appropriate channels for both internal and external dissemination and linkages with other IFC work.
- Masters degree in relevant field (Finance, Economics, Business) and at least 10 years of relevant experience;
- Proven track record on work on global development finance issues and knowledge of the G20’s work;
- Ability to think strategically; excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in teams, communicate ideas clearly and articulate issues/recommend innovative solutions;
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines and respond to changing demands; working alone or in a team; self starter
- Strong interpersonal skills
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries....