Within this role, the selected Optical Engineer will;
- Develop experiments to investigate new optical design concepts and optical components.
- Design optical sub-systems and alignment procedures.
- Interact with vendors to qualify optical assemblies.
- Help solving critical production issues related to optical systems.
- Provide optical analysis support to help solving optical system issues and improve overall equipment performance
- Provide subsystem optics leadership
- Must have participated in several complete design cycles from initial concept through product release and sustaining.
- Strong fundamental optical engineering skills with a track record of applying those skills to create solid manufacturable and serviceable systems. The skill set should include Mastery of Code V and/or Zemax; Optical System Design; Lens Design; Tolerance Analysis of Complex Optical Systems.
- Solid project and vendor management experience is a must.
- Preference would be given to a candidate with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- UV system/lens design
- Design of optical inspection equipment
- Optical Coating Research and Development
- Doctorate (Academic) with at least 5 years of experience. OR Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience. OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.