The primary function for this role includes:|
The Senior Oracle BI Architect is responsible for the technical strategy and direction for the Enterprise BI platform. This technical leader will mentor and leverage BI central team resources in the definition of technical process to administer and operate a multi-tenant Enterprise Oracle BI reporting platform. This resource will use their extensive OBIEE, OBIA and data warehousing knowledge to direct the architectural and operational utilization of this Enterprise delivery platform. The individual will plan major platform enhancements through collaboration with technical delivery partners. This person will also consult to BI release delivery teams applying technical governance propelling quality project deliverables. This person will establish process for coordinating change through the Enterprise BI delivery environment.
The essential functions for this position include:
- Develops, communicates and deploy technology strategies and objectives for the enterprise BI platforms.
- Partners with business and global IT to identify BI technology opportunities
- Identifies operational and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Participates in benchmarking and comparison to industry standards to evaluate platform opportunities
- Engages customer and IT resources to drive ongoing operational efficiencies and process improvements; Acts as escalation point for complex technical issues
- Leverages expertise to architect, implement and support the Enterprise BI delivery platform(s)
- Establishes overall technical governance guidelines and policies and the process to enforce it
- Formulates and manages Oracle BI repository migration procedure
- Creates, communicates and applies platform and development governance policies driving standardization and operational efficiencies
- Manages policy, processes and schedules for ETL and data warehouse data integration
- Consults with customers and IT managers to develop, define, and prioritize work and release delivery.
- Works globally to understand and implement regional and enterprise release delivery strategies
- Establishes comprehensive quality and testing methodologies for release deliverables and platform modifications
4 Year Degree
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements) - Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience managing multi-project/release OBIEE environment
- Experience upgrading the OBIEE environment
- Extensive experience managing multi-tenant data load architecture
- Experience with data mapping and conversion
- Expert knowledge in database performance tuning including indexing, partitioning, SQL query tuning etc...
- Proven expertise working with large data sets and multi-million row, very large data base structures
- Expert knowledge of BI concepts including ETL, data warehousing, reporting and related tools
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) analytical application architecture and development
- Expertise working in an Unix environment including infrastructure architecture, hardware sizing, multi-tier platform, servers, and tool based solutions
- Expertise with Unix shell scripting
- Knowledge of ERP systems and the processes/data they support preferred
- 5 years' experience in a combination of the following areas: DBA, data modeling, and application performance tuning
- 2 years' experience developing and scheduling data load using Informatica
- 1 year experience working in a Unix or Linux environment
- 1 year experience managing DAC and RPD changes in a multi-tenent OBIEE Environment
- 1 year experience upgrading an OBIEE environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Level Minimum 5 Years
Travel Required Up to 25 percent
Visa Candidates Considered - No
5+ to 7 years of experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Often
Applicant Tracking System Questions
The following information is necessary to successfully upload resumes into the company's Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Please provide the following information on your resume:
Between 100 and per Year
Amber Systems Group, LLC
Amber Systems Group, LLC is a leading Professional and Technical Recruiting Firm with over 20 years experience. We work nationwide with Fortune 500 companies in the Consumer Products, Telecommunication, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Financial and Consulting industries specializing in Information Technology, SAP, Telecommunications, Engineering, Sales and Marketing. Amber Systems Group, LLC is dedicated to providing you with top professionals to best meet your employment needs.