Senior Oracle DBA
Key Technical Concepts:
Oracle 10g/11g, Oracle Enterprise Server Edition, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Transparent Data Encryption, Oracle Streams, Oracle Grid, PL/SQL, MySQL, Oracle 11.2 RAC, OLS, ASO, Text and Partitioning, Linux and Unix
- Perform server and storage capacity management and planning for the most complex and critical systems.
- Recommend and implement process and tool improvements to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization's change management and configuration management processes and systems.
- Plan for transition of the development and/or production environment to new technology.
- Recommend and plan server recapitalization. Perform server performance tuning. Baselines and forecasts server performance data and tunes server hardware and software configurations.
- Utilize system software to monitor the performance of system files; manages system data to maintain performance efficiencies.
- Study system requirements to determine proper server installation methods and procedures. May provide 24x7 operational supports.
- Provide technical support in the evaluation of prime object names, data elements, and other objects.
- Evaluate proposed objects and their attributes.
- Ensure that proposed object definitions are clear, concise, technically correct, and that they represent singular concepts.
- Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Oversee the daily performance of database systems.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Create and maintain monitor definitions and rules based upon requirements from Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Monitor and conduct advanced analysis of output and performance of management of systems according to prescribed standards.
- Plan and test capacity requirements.
- Ensure that services are provided with sufficient capacity to meet the business requirements.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
*All of the jobs we post here are on existing contracts and are currently open. No proposal-bid "jobs!"
Click the image below or apply through this site for more info.
integrateIT, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability.
ClearedConnections - 10 months ago