U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance with polygraph.
- Develop and document Database Administration procedures that meet requirements and adhere to defined policies
- Provide security administration including managing role and end user database permissions in accordance with customer policies
- Perform database restores from export dumps or backups
- Create/refresh development/test/QA databases from production data
- Execute authorization service requests
- Execute database creation, configuration, upgrades, patches and refresh
- Execute all database system-level changes (initialization parameters)
- Execute all schema changes for all instances
- Execute database data definition requirements for applications (MAC for tables, triggers, attributes, etc.)
- Maintain documentation for all database instance parameters and system settings
- Maintain consistent database parameters and system settings across all like instances; consistency must be maintained according to established development to QA to production life cycle
- Execute database data definitions for applications and developer schemas
- Define and execute database performance and tuning scripts , and keep database running at optimal performance for OJP’s workload
- Implement and administer appropriate database management tools across all database instances. Performance metrics and historical data must be available for trending and reporting over a minimum of 6 months
- Identify locking conflicts, latch contention, rollback requirements, etc., for all database instances
- Resolve locking conflicts, latch contention, rollback requirements, etc., for all database instances
- Provide technical assistance and subject matter expertise to OJP application developers and third party vendor support
- Monitor database and generate automatic help desk trouble tickets for problems
- Open, track and manage to resolution, all database problems
- Patch database software as needed according to established development to QA to production life cycle
- Manage database software configuration, installation and maintenance
- Provide database storage management
- Execute OJP’s database backup and recovery policies
- Four year degree in IT or CS discipline preferred
- Must be comfortable with Oracle 11g, Oracle RAC and building Oracle systems on Linux.
- Experience with Exagrid is a plus.
- OCA certification preferred
- OCP certification preferred
- 3 years demonstrated experience in Oracle database administration
Intelligent Decisions - 19 months ago
Since 1988, Intelligent Decisions (ID) has been developing innovative IT solutions to solve the most challenging requirements of our client,...