Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Oracle DBA to join our organization. In this role, the individual will join our Global Software Development Team that develops designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that are part of our current and next generation software products. We are seeking an individual with a strong PL/SQL and Oracle DBA background in order to join our team and help develop our next generation products.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that are part of a current and next generation software product using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Job includes all aspects of software development from creating functional specifications and design documents, code implementation, defect resolution and testing of application software.
- Determines applications needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions.
- Ensures software standards and processes are met.
- Performs Database configuration, tuning, maintenance, patching, and problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Responsible for managing Development, Test, QA and Production databases and implementing future Oracle enhancements to meet the business needs of the end users
- Participate as a member of a project team to design new products or enhancements to existing products.
- B.S. Computers Science, Computer Engineering or related IT field of study
- Minimum of 7 years of PL/SQL and Oracle DBA experience
- Minimum of 5 years of scripting experience (Perl and Python preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of software development experience
- Some C# and .NET experience preferred.
- Has worked as part of a large software organization.
- Full software development life-cycle experience preferred.
- Experience with database versions 10g, 11g and 12c highly preferred
- Oracle RAC, DataGuard.
- Desirable experience would be familiarity with Data Pump, RMAN, Oracle replication (Golden Gate or Streams), Migration/upgrade procedures, XML,
UNIX/Linux Shell programming (ksh,csh,bash), Perl,
Windows PowerShell, DOS batch programming.
- Competencies fall into 3 primary groups:
- Excellent problem solving and design abilities.
- Strong Drive to succeed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both oral and written).
- Good time management skills and ability to work independently is required.
Waters Corporation - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
For 50 years, the Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations,...