Robbins Gioia is a respected, national, and global operations management and technology consulting firm that has served the public and private sector for over 30 years. RG pioneered the project and program management industry and has made our clients successful in their most complex initiatives. We advise and support governments and businesses across the nation and around the world. Our exceptional associates apply consultative and structured methods and enabling technologies to implement, manage, and improve critical capabilities, initiatives, projects, and programs. We offer advisory, training, technology and related support services in the areas of project and program management, process engineering and related information and telecommunications systems development and integration services and solutions.
Robbins Gioia is currently looking for an Oracle Developer to work on an upcoming temporary contract that will run through the August 2013 timeframe. Robbins Gioia will be developing a major enhancement to an existing software solution for a federal government client using a customer mandated formal software development life cycle. The software development effort will run from requirements analysis, through design, coding, formal testing, customer acceptance testing, to deployment at several customer sites. The software solution will be centrally hosted at a government data center and will be composed of a web based user interface, utilizing Java and an Oracle database. The software development effort will be accomplished by a team of developers and testers utilizing modern development techniques such as code reviews, unit tests, software configuration management, and integration, regression, and performance testing.
Oracle Developers are exempt resources who typically work with clients to define needs or problems. They help determine the project scope, define and execute data collection methodologies and plans, and conduct analysis of studies and surveys. They may collaborate and strategize with Technical Consulting Managers on the core client issues, their root causes, and the recommended solutions. They will analyze and validate data to determine solutions and advise on alternative methods or recommend solutions.
- Strong PL/SQL skills, including a thorough understanding of cursors, collections, records, bulk operations, triggers, and packages
- Experience developing complex systems in a configuration-managed environment
- Ability to develop conceptual, logical, and physical Oracle database designs based on requirements and data models
- Experience with data modeling tools (Erwin 6+ experience is preferred)
- Experience with TOAD 9+ is a plus
- Working knowledge of Oracle query optimization techniques
- Ability to work within a team environment and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work within strict timeframes
- Willingness to provide guidance to more junior team members as needed
- Knowledge of Java and JSP is a plus
- One of the following education/experience combinations:
- Non-degreed and 12+ years of Technical experience
- BA/BS and 7+ years of Technical experience
- MA/MS and 5+ years of Technical experience
- 5+ years experience as an Oracle 9i/10g/11g PL/SQL developer
- Ability to travel to the Dayton OH area if necessary
- Current NAC or ability to obtain one
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Robbins Gioia is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer.