First Presbyterian Church of Colorado Springs is seeking an organist to be an integral part of our vibrant ministry of music and worship. This position may be either part-time or full-time, depending upon the applicant’s abilities and scope of ministry interests.
Basic duties include:
Additional areas of interest in ministry may also be considered, depending upon applicant’s experience, passion, and education.
- Play for two blended worship services each Sunday morning
- Play for memorial services and weddings, as needed (organ and piano)
- Provide music at other church functions, special performances and concerts, as required (organ and piano)
- Supervise use of the organ and its maintenance and repair
- Attend weekly staff chapel and executive staff meeting (Monday afternoon)
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Excellent performance skills, technique, and musicality
- Extensive experience in sacred music and knowledge of a wide variety of hymnody
- Solidly competent in great congregational hymn leading, while appreciative of the content of “blended” services
- High degree of piano performance skills
America's Christian Job Source
- 2 years ago - save job