This position is responsible for the development and implementation of talent management programs and solutions that enable the achievement of key business objectives and support the attraction, development, and retention of human capital. Consults with management to better develop and utilize human resources to increase organizational effectiveness.
This position will be filled at the level according to the candidate’s experience and education level:
Org Development Specialist
Senior Org Development Specialist
*For immediate consideration, please apply online at wwww.lge-ku.com/careers
· Manage the identification, development, implementation, marketing, and administration of all LG&E and KU learning and development programs to ensure the organization has the necessary skills and competencies to meet organizational and individual objectives. Ensure that employees receive appropriate education and developmental experiences.
· Maintain knowledge of various external vendors, trainers, and consultants and oversee contract administration. Continually evaluate all current and new programs for effectiveness. Serve as a liaison for departments that have specific training needs with external vendors.
· Serve as a consultant for clients to determine solutions to maximize employee talent and department effectiveness.
· Consult with management/employees regarding development and career planning.
· Develop and implement knowledge management initiatives essential for organizational growth, creativity, and innovation.
· Manage the implementation of organizational surveys to identify organizational effectiveness. Establish action planning for increased effectiveness and develops methodology to respond appropriately.
· Support the Succession Planning process. Develop tools for assessing potential and reporting on potentials.
· Manage and oversee formal mentoring program. Regularly monitor and update as needed.
· Evaluate, coordinate, and oversee pre-employment assessments as required for identified positions.
· Create measures to evaluate the status and success of strategic initiatives.
· Develop, implement, and continuously update new employee orientation.
· Coordinate and oversee the Performance Management Process and make enhancements as needed.
· Support the annual workforce planning process by identifying needs and drive implementation of agreed upon action plans in response to the Plan.
· Actively participate on HR Forums as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned by Manager Organization Development.
Bachelor’s degree in organization development, organizational psychology, or human resource management. Advanced degree preferred. Five plus years experience in organization development or human resources. Consulting experience including areas of leadership development, talent development, change management, employee engagement, and elimination of competency gaps.
Excellent consulting and performance coaching skills. Above average interpersonal skills. Experience with curriculum development and adult learning methodologies. High level communications skills, both written and verbal. Excellent analytical and project management skills. The incumbent must be mature and flexible, and able to work with all levels of the organization as a "team player."
City of Louisville, KY - 15 months ago