We are looking for a solutions-oriented Sr. PHP Engineer to research new technologies, analyze business requirements, assist in the development of functional requirements, provide price and timeline estimates, and engineer usable, innovative, scalable, reusable software based on the Drupal CMS.
- Analyses a project’s business requirements in order to help develop functional requirements.
- Builds clickable prototypes to flesh out business requirements early in project process.
- Meets project requirements on budget and on time while producing maintainable code.
- Finds innovative solutions to working within available budgets
- Participates in open source community by means of producing patches and open sourcing software.
- Provides reasonable price and timeline estimates for tasks/projects.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and shares important findings with team.
- Focuses on improving the style, modularity, and reusability of produced source code.
- Focuses on developing innovative, scalable, and efficient software.
- Integrates HTML comps into web-based applications.
- Meets with clients or prospective clients to provide input.
- Maintains existing software and projects.
- Is a self-starter, independent thinker and someone who will take ownership of projects, communicating with team members freely in order to determine requirements and drive a project from the engineering side.
Skills and Requirements:
- 4 years experience in developing web-based applications.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience installing and configuring Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Experience with troubleshooting performance issues at a code and systems level (Cachegrinds, Xdebug, xhprof, APC, memcached, varnish, etc)
- Experience creating and maintaining Drupal sites and modules a plus.
- Experience working with Amazon's AWS platform, or another cloud provider is a plus.
Digitaria provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, and is headquartered in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter. This position is being entertained for our Salt Lake City or San Diego offices and candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to the either the SLC or SD area.