Senior PHP Engineer
Are you a Senior PHP Engineer who loves creating products that make immediate business impact? GraphScience is a social data company providing actionable insights to top brand name companies. We have ambitious plans to take on the world. Join a team with serious technical chops and a passion for building a great business.
GraphScience is looking for Senior PHP Engineer that can contribute to the design and implementation of our internal tools. You will be part of a high impact engineering team that is valued in the organization. You’ll be building data access layers, developing a proprietary MVC framework, working with Facebook’s API and rolling out key features for our internal tools. You are expected to work independently but also collaborate with Senior Ad Operations Manager to ensure timely feature releases.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Work in a LAMP stack environment to design, develop and QA internal web applications.
- Work with the team to manage, optimize and customize our internal web application.
- Work directly within the Facebook Ads API to ensure timely and accurate data flow for current running campaigns.
- A Senior PHP Engineer will be expected to eventually lead projects as GraphScience grows.
Nice to have:
- Experience in building and administering applications on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3 and similar tools.
- Hands-on experience with web application architecture, relational database design and NoSQL architecture patterns.
- Strong experience with the LAMP stack.
- Professional web application development experience in building data-driven applications that’s sustainable and scalable.
- Positive attitude and professionalism in the workplace as well as great sense of humor is always appreciated.
- Version control (git)
- Experience with TDD - PHPUnit
- Bachelors degree and/or several years software development experience or equivalent, including Object Oriented design and PHP Development.
We are dedicated to building a company with the top talent in Silicon Valley. We have a collaborative and fun work environment, located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto. We are backed by the same top-tier investors behind LivingSocial, Stipple, WePay, BirchBox, Zozi and other successful start-ups.
This is a full-time position. Compensation includes competitive salary, bonus structure, early-stage equity and health benefits. We have free lunch and a pantry full of food. To learn more about this position or to apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .