Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
Reporting to the Associate Packaging Design Manager, the Senior Packaging Designer is responsible for conceptual development and execution of packaging for PetSmart's Proprietary Brands. The Senior Packaging Designer will work with a collaborative team of designers, copywriters, and production artists. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, this person will demonstrate an ability to communicate design objectives to the project team and internal partners. The ideal candidate has a strong level of initiative, requiring the ability to mange multiple large-scale projects and deadlines simultaneously in a fast paced retail environment.
• Produce strong and compelling package design solutions driven by innovative ideas, understanding the project initiatives & brand objectives.
• Lead & motivate packaging creative team (designers, production artists) to inspire exceptional creative solutions and strong teamwork.
• Manage and adhere to established schedules & budgets while ensuring quality standards are met.
• Support the Associate Packaging Design Manager by owning/directing the creative process within assigned brand team. ?
• Communicate status updates to stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Art-direct photo shoots.
• Present packaging concepts/direction to team of Designers, Copywriters, Product Managers and Marketing to gain alignment to meet timelines and budgets.
• Negotiate contracts, supervise, art-direct and maintains relationships with external design agencies, suppliers, photographers, as well as temporary on-site freelance support.
• Ensures that all proprietary brand packaging conforms to U.S. and Canadian packaging regulations, as well as internal brand standards and guidelines.
• Strong creative thinking and ability to execute successful and compelling
creative packaging solutions
• Package design expertise and an understanding of strategic
brand communication for proprietary brands
• Be a highly responsible team player that practices and drives design excellence
• Mastery of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong photo art direction skills
• Be able to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced corporate environment
• Possess a professional and positive attitude
• 4-year degree in graphic design or related field.
• 5+ years direct experience with retail package design.
• Highly motivated and initiative with the ability to focus on details as well as the big picture.
• Thorough understanding of print production and printing processes on a wide variety of packaging substrates.
• Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Communicates in a clear, concise, respectful and direct manner.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 10 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...