USIS | LABAT , an Altegrity company, is a leading federal security solution provider that supports National Security initiatives around the globe for over 15 years with more than 6,600 employees working in all 50 states and overseas. We offer state-of-the-art solutions in Construction Surveillance, Intel Analysis, Physical/Personnel/Facility Security, Investigative Analytics, Security Analytics, Counter-Surveillance, Personal Security, Infrastructure Protection, Litigation Support, Records Management, Cyber/Forensics, Training & Law Enforcement, and Immigration Investigation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Paralegal in Washington, DC.
Candidate will be required to perform the following tasks:
- coordinate with staff across the country to collect data and information needed by Chiefs
- conduct document review and identify key, relevant documents;
- conduct legal research and prepare case briefs;
- participate in staff meetings and provide meaningful input into the organizational management of a national program;
- manage and organize case files;
- log, track, and organize document requests, incoming document productions, and associated correspondence;
- assist supervising attorneys in creating, maintaining, and searching databases;
- draft digests and indexes of transcripts and document productions;
- attend and take notes at investigative interviews and testimony;
- monitor court dockets and the internet for related cases and information; and
- additional related tasks as assigned.
Requires paralegal certificate. An equivalent level of legal training
may be substituted. At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very' helpful. At least one year of experience in automated litigation support. Requires sound working knowledge of legal system, legal research procedures
and sources of information. Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, analytic
ability, and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and WestLaw. Should
have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing,
database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications. Ability to consistently deliver highest
quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- strong analytical, writing and organizational skills;
- strong interpersonal skills
Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a security clearance.
- case investigation and trial preparation in large, complex civil litigation;
- large-scale file and data management;
- extensive experience with Excel, Microsoft Word and software commonly employed in large, complex civil litigation such as Concordance and Casemap.
USIS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening required. All resumes are held in confidence. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. No faxes please. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Labat - 19 months ago