to learn more.
The Paralegal assists Conservancy attorneys by performing complex work that requires knowledge of legal concepts and expertise regarding the legal system and substantive and procedural law, as applicable to specific position duties. Essential functions may include assisting attorneys with complex real estate transactions, contracts, compliance filings, employment law, or other areas, depending on specific position duties. Duties include managing files and drafting and/or reviewing a wide variety of legal documents. May supervise other legal staff and/or provide assistance in training staff. This position requires significant use of independent judgment and action, and extensive communication and contact with all levels of Conservancy staff, attorneys, government officials, real estate professionals, landowners and the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in paralegal or legal assistant studies plus 2 years of combined legal and administrative experience OR equivalent qualifications acquired through coursework and/or related job experience.
- Experience with MS Office, Word, and Excel.
- Experience working with legal documents.
- Experience supervising administrative staff or volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and work with complex legal documents.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, including the ability to work with competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to produce reports and to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to perform legal research and obtain information from the internet.
- Fluency in a foreign language, especially French, preferred.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, a 401k plan, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
To apply to position number 41421, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 30, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
You must click “submit” to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process
The Nature Conservancy - 11 months ago