DataQuick is seeking a Senior Payroll Administrator to join our Human Resources team. This position will use expertise in payroll administration to ensure that employees are paid accurately. The Senior Payroll Administrator will compile all payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reporting; maintaining records.
The Senior Payroll Administrator drives the improvement of established procedures, solves payroll related problems, and communicates information about payroll to employees and departments. S/he delivers outstanding customer service to employees. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of payroll and related regulations, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all related federal and state laws. This position requires you to combine proactive, strategic thinking with hands-on execution of responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guarantees bi-weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Processes electronic and/or manual time cards and manual worksheets to ensure accurate and timely running of payroll consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts and or through outsourced vendor for payroll administration
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/division transfers, new hires, temporary workers, promotions and terminations.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security and Medicare taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Communicate proactively with Operations, HR and Benefits to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, paid time office in line with Company policies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Supports the business unit human resources departments with projects and duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands : Travel up to
- Experience in payroll administration and coordination.
- 7-10 years of experience with payroll work.
- Experience in multi-state payrolls and requirements are required.
- Strong knowledge of ADP System to included Workforce Now, Time and Attendance and HRB is preferred.
- Experience as a certified payroll professional preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a dynamic office environment, including ability to handle multiple and changing priorities, crisis situations and urgent requests.
- Proven ability to be detailed oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skill.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office applications ( Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ).
- BS/BA in Human Resources or Business Administration or equivalent is preferred.
- Additional knowledge/experience of compensation planning and administration strongly desired
20% is required. General office environment.
Salary must be included!
DataQuick - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -