Provide software programming and analysis support for computer based applications for the University Human Resources department. Provide leadership for projects and software implementations.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities (major functions, each accounting for 20% or more of the position)
Work with department staff and managers to coordinate and plan activities
Provide support for PeopleSoft applications
Test and document all work per procedures
Provide project leadership and mentor junior staff II. Specific Responsibilities (representative examples of tasks or projects related to the essential duties listed above):
Work with HR and IT department staff and managers to coordinate and plan activities
1. Develop and execute specifications and work plans for technical activities with department managers and/or staff
2. Analyze needs and solutions for enhancements to software
3. Coordinate technical activities with HR and IT
Provide support for PeopleSoft Applications
1. Use PeopleTools to create and/or modify delivered and/or custom records, pages, component interface, application engine, PeopleCode, workflow, etc. including performance tuning.
2. Develop/modify SQR and XML Publisher reports.
3. Provide support for scheduled batch and 3rd party interface processing jobs
4. Research, debug and report application related issues to Oracle.
5. Provide support for PeopleSoft HCM and PeopleTools upgrades
6. Work with HR department staff to develop and implement new or modified applications
7. Develop internal specifications for assignment to other programming staff
8. Assist departments with queries, security and other PeopleSoft related tasks
Test and document all work.
1. Work with IT and department staff to create and execute test plans
2. Document work using Word, Excel, PeopleTools or other means
3. Participate in the development of department standards and procedures
Provide project leadership and mentor junior staff.
1. Work with management and staff to provide planning, make assignments, monitor progress, and review work for projects or ongoing maintenance.
2. Participate in or lead pilot projects for new technology or functionality.
3. Provide informal technical training and support to other staff. III. Other Duties
A. Provide second level support for Help Desk, Field Support and Operations staff
1. Work with IT staff to resolve application related problems
2. Write "job aids" to assist other staff in resolving problems
B. Provide support for non-PeopleSoft University applications as needed
1. Provide downloads and interfaces to/from PeopleSoft applications
2. Create or maintain applications on various platforms
C. Attend planning, technical review, and staff meetings
D. Assist other staff members in completing their tasks or projects
E. Attend technical training sessions and work in-house to acquire new skills
1. Advanced knowledge of SQL, relational database, and a programming language.
2. 2 years of project leadership.
3. 4 years experience developing applications in a PeopleSoft environment.
4. 6 years experience in application development.
5. Knowledge of HR applications.
6. Have a fundamental understanding of PeopleSoft architecture including application servers, web servers, process schedulers, security, etc.
7. BA degree.
8. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Unix/Linux.
1. Must have excellent oral and written language skills.
2. Must have the ability to work and lead in a team environment.
3. Must have the ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
4. Must have the ability to acquire and apply new skills quickly.
5. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
Santa Clara University
- 24 months ago - save job
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT...