BP is one of the industry leaders in developing and implementing non-thermal enhanced oil recovery technologies. Proven technologies currently being deployed-at-scale include gas EOR, LoSal™ EOR waterflooding and Bright Water™ chemical treatments.
An experienced Petroleum Engineer is required to support the Pushing Reservoir Limits team in testing and deploying base and other promising waterflood-based EOR technologies.
The candidate should be experienced in Petroleum Engineering, particularly waterflooding operations, performance analysis, design, optimisation, and surveillance (tracers, logging, coring, etc.).
• Design and implement multi-million $ field trial activities for LoSal and other waterflood EOR technologies.
• Lead all aspects of field test activities
• Design field testing programme, including pattern design and size, surveillance, and associated costs
• Secure contracts and plan logistics for field trials
• Work with well operations to deliver pilots safely and environmentally
• Monitor pilot performance; re-tune testing where necessary
• B.Sc. or higher in an engineering, mathematics, physics discipline required.
Essential experience and job requirements
• Strong numeracy skills
• Experience in production operations of waterflood fields, including water injection quality, measurements and water disposal/ reinjection.
• Experience in surveillance planning and evaluation of waterflood fields, including use of tracers, logging, pressure transient testing.
• Experience in well management and classical analysis of waterflooded fields.
• Strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment.
• Strong understanding of Petroleum Engineering practices.
• Ability to gather appropriate information and make decisions.
Other essential skills and knowledge
• Reservoir engineering fundamentals.
• Skilful in petroleum engineering
• Familiarity with reservoir simulation and recovery processes
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Fascination with unravelling and understanding complex technical processes
• Strong interpersonal, communication and diversity skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Sound understanding of basic chemistry
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
BP is an equal opportunity employer.
23:59 (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
BP - 19 months ago
BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business...