Senior Petroleum Engineer
Energy - Oil / Refinery / Drilling
Engineering - Industrial / Manufacturing
Houston / South Texas area
$100,000 - $140,000
Target Add'l Comp - $20,000 - $40,000
Benefits - Full
Bonus Eligible - Yes
7+ to 10 years of experience
Management Experience Required - Yes
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel
Skills and Certifications
The ideal candidate MUST have experience in both drilling design and operations. Ideally they would also have experience with safety, compliance on a drilling operation and maintenance or repair of drilling equipment.
Must have a Bachelors degree in Petroleum Engineering or a related field.
Ideal candidate will enjoy some marketing, giving presentations and client interaction.
The ideal candidate has worked for these companies:
Detailed Bounty Description
Senior Petroleum Engineer
We are currently interviewing for a Technical Consultant with a Petroleum Engineering background to join our team. The ideal candidate would be located in Houston, TX but we are willing to consider most locations for the right candidate.
Responsibilities will include: performing detailed evaluations on all types of drilling and petroleum industry related equipment relating to failures, damage, defects, and maintenance and safety issues.
Required Knowledge includes:
- Gather information on client's needs
- Perform site inspection of equipment
- Interview any and all parties involved in the failure and/or damage
- Perform any necessary research
- Write reports and present with client
- Establish trusting working relationship with clients, equipment owners service personnel and manufacturers
- Travel to required locations for either site inspection or trial/expert witness requirements
- Perform marketing meetings with various clients
Required Skills include:
- Bachelors degree in Petroleum Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited University
- Master's or Ph.D. a plus
- 7+ years experience in a related role such as a Petroleum Engineer, Drilling Engineer or Operations Engineer
- 5+ years practical experience with designing drilling equipment and operating drilling equipment on-site
- 5+ years practical experience performing maintenance on drilling equipment
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures regarding working in/around the drilling equipment
- Knowledge of casings, mud, fracking, etc.
- Past Forensic Investigation/Engineering experience is a plus
- PE is a plus
This company is a great place to work because:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work in confined spaces as needed
- Excellent reading, writing, and comprehension abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft-based computer programs, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Organized with the ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to clearly articulate findings to clients both verbally and in written form
- Confidence/charisma for public speaking engagements to small and large groups
- Ability to interact socially and at mixed engagements with clients
- Must speak and write English fluently (other languages, especially Spanish, a plus)
We are the leader in post-disaster technical solutions. Since 1984, our sixteen offices across the US, Canada, and have been helping companies after they have been affected by accidents and catastrophes ranging from fires, explosions, earthquakes, floods, lightning damage and other disasters. Our consulting expertise is broad and deep, covering industrial and manufacturing equipment, power and energy, computers, telecommunications, medical equipment, and much more.