Blue Diamond Growers, the industry leader in the manufacturing of Almond products is continuing to experience strong growth in our business. With that growth, comes an excellent opportunity in our Finance Division to support our manufacturing business. This position will be based out of our Sacramento, CA facility.
We are looking for a qualified Senior Planner who will be able to develop, implement and perform Master Scheduling processes to provide production plans that meet or exceed customer demand requirements, inventory strategy and plant operational efficiency. Support the Sales and Operations process through management of the associated tools and metrics reporting activities.
The Senior Planner will be responsible for the following:
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Manage the procurement process including vendor and supply management.
- Lead the process to identify new structures to support strategic business unit objectives.
- Act as information conduit between vendors and manufacturing to correct component defects. Negotiate pricing and delivery terms with vendors.
- Communicate component potential supply issues to affected groups and present possible solutions. Maintain ownership of the packaging process from concept to obsolescence.
- Support the Sales and Operations Planning process via management of the S&OP tool, the S&OP forecast and the associated performance management scorecards.
- Perform continuous improvement projects to enable enhancements to the process.
- Investigates, recommends, and implements methods, processes and tools to improve the production planning process, optimization of inventory levels, and production efficiency.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
Blue Diamond Growers is an EEO/AAP/E-Verify Employer. We conduct post offer drug test and background checks on all applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations, Logistics or a related business management field with emphasis on inventory management, production/operations management or equivalent work experience.
- APICS Certification is recommended
- .Minimum of 5 years experience in Planning, Operations or related field. Prior process industry, agricultural planning, or related logistics experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships at all functional levels.
- Ability to gain consensus from a wide level of peers and management, as required to meet customer requirements and communicate changes.
- Through knowledge of plant and production processes and materials management principles. In depth knowledge of business analysis and planning.
- Prior experience or in depth understanding of MRP/ERP systems. Expert level spreadsheet development capability
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make proactive decisions that impact Blue Diamond cost, quality and customer service levels.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of balance between planning functions and team/project leadership.
- Personal computer, mainframe & mid-range computer systems, electronic mail, voicemail, fax, and copier.
Blue Diamond® Growers is the world's largest tree nut processing and marketing company. Founded in 1910, the cooperative celebrated its 101st anniversary in 2011. Blue Diamond® led the development of California's almond industry from a minor domestic specialty crop to the world leader in almond production and marketing. We continue to build markets and create new products, new uses, and new opportunities for members of Blue Diamond® Growers.
Headquartered in Sacramento, California, approximately 3000 California almond growers deliver California almonds annually to their cooperative. The crop is marketed to all 50 states and more than 90 foreign countries, making almonds California's largest food export, and the sixth largest U.S. food export. The California crop is valued annually at over $2 billion dollars.
Blue Diamond Growers - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Blue Diamond Growers is one nutty business. Some 3,000 California almond growers belong to the cooperative, which is a top global player in...