Assist the Assistant Director of Planning in development review and long range planning policy. Duties include reviewing zoning regulations for the Town, reviewing development projects and assisting through approval processes, assisting and managing long range planning projects, including but not limited to future land use planning, long range transportation planning, zoning code revisions, land use analysis, and redevelopment projects. Responsibilities include daily interaction with developers, architects, engineers and property owners to assist throughout the zoning, site design and permitting processes. Projects include frequent interaction with the Town Council, Plan Commission, and other town boards and community organizations, including presentations and public outreach. |
The senior planner prepares and presents staff reports to boards and commissions regarding rezoning, text amendments, and other land use policy document. In addition, the senior planner will assist in answering questions and concerns from the general public regarding planning and zoning. The senior planner will act as project manager for development review projects and long range planning projects, overseeing the scheduling of meetings, setting agendas, and assembling of informational packets, and related work.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates commercial & residential development.
- Evaluates, assesses, reviews, & manages rezones, text amendments, Improvement Location Permits, construction plans, & plats.
- Composes and presents reports & recommendations for Town Council, Plan Commission & PUD committee.
- Analyzes existing code regulations & their effectiveness.
- Composes amendments to Town ordinances & regulations.
- Conducts research and analysis regarding land use and zoning.
- Provides support for various Town Initiatives.
- Maintains professional development & continuing education (AICP).
Bachelor's degree in city planning or closely related field; Master's degree in city planning preferred; minimum of 6 years professional planning or zoning experience, with at least 2 years experience as project manager; AICP certification required; comprehension skills in zoning ordinances, including form based codes and planned unit development (PUD) ordinances, transportation plans, master plans, various permit application and processes, zoning and future land use map, standard construct details, and engineering and architectural plans; Information processing skills in staff reports, development review; Knowledge of engineering, architecture, and landscape plan review; Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, GIS, and Adobe Creative Suite.
Town of Fishers, IN - 7 months ago