Position Title |
Senior Plant Operator
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life. With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work. MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
InVia Plant Senior Operator
Looking for an exciting new career with great pay and benefits? Join the Invia team! Invia’s San Antonio, Texas Plant will be hiring for a Senior Plant Operator. Core responsibilities include loading truck and transport vessels; operating pumps, colloid mill, forklift, boiler and associated hot oil equipment and blend/storage tanks. You must also complete required documentation for production and shipping.
• Read, understand, and follow all plant safety and operating procedures to ensure compliance with safety and environmental rules and regulations
• Adhere to housekeeping and safety practices; participate in plant safety programs; assist with training of subordinates and peers
• Control and operate equipment in which chemical reaction products and blends are manufactured.
• Follow manufacturing procedures to make on specification finished products
• Maintain daily log sheets and production records to ensure accurate tracking of material inventories and recording of plant production
• Basic troubleshooting of various mechanical and electrical equipment to determine the root cause of equipment failures
• Use shop tools to perform basic equipment repairs and routine equipment maintenance
• Load and off load bulk dry and liquid materials from over the road transport equipment
Required skills and experience
• High school diploma or GED
• 5-10 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing facility – chemical manufacturing experience preferred
• High level of technical aptitude with the ability to learn and multi-task
• Good reading, writing, and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with basic math skills
• Good computer skills including basic understanding and use of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ideal candidate must be self-directed.
• Experience working with safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with hot work, lock out/tag out, confined space, and other OSHA safety regulations
• Good working knowledge of basic controls and instruments to monitor weight, temperature, pressure, and flow of raw materials and finished products
• Experience working with valves, pumps, motors, weigh scales, and related plant equipment
Starting rate of $16/hr. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Prescription drug coverage, Vision, Life insurance, Vacation, 13 paid holidays, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, 401k, Pension, and up to 100% tuition reimbursement.
The hiring process includes drug testing, physical, background, and reference checks. MWV is an equal opportunity employer
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 11 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...