Netflix is well-known in the industry as a leading exponent of Cloud Computing and one of the earliest large companies to migrate production systems to the cloud. We also actively contribute to the Open Source community wherein our architecture and design patterns have served as guidelines for AWS-based deployments.
The Netflix Cloud Platform is at the heart of this, and builds the Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) layer that all Netflix services and applications rely on. We are strong supporters of sharing useful libraries and ideas with the broader community and have open sourced many of the building blocks that comprise the Cloud Platform. Notable ones primarily owned by the team include Archaius, Eureka, Ribbon, Curator, Exhibitor and Governator with more to come. This is a golden opportunity to participate in the endeavor. For more of our work, check out: http://netflix.github.com.
As Netflix expands internationally, the Cloud Platform team is pivotal to this growth plan. We are looking for an experienced, talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer who will contribute and influence the direction of our Cloud Infrastructure for global expansion.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 5+ years of server-side software development experience
- Experience with Java and object-oriented programming
- Experience working on a global product/infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Internationalization (I18N), Localization (L10N), and Globalization (G11N) from an engineering perspective
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Python and/or Scala
- Experience owning and maintaining critical Web Services
- Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.)
For more relevant articles on our technology and innovation, check out techblog.netflix.com