The Senior Plumbing Designer role is an professional level position within the Houston Engineering team. The position is located in the HOK Houston office. Resumes must be submitted on-line and will not be accepted by fax, mail or drop-off.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meets with Project Engineer and Project Team Leader to discuss design scope, schedule, budget, phasing, site issues, and design review issues.
- Estimates discipline man-hours required to complete the design requirements of a project.
- Provides leadership and assigns design job functions to designated designers and supervises their efforts in completing the project on time and within budget.
- Implements system types as selected by Project Engineer and provides complete construction documents that match the client and project team's requirements.
- Reviews preliminary and final design with other disciplines for function, clearances, coordination, and final design selection.
- Performs final reviews of engineering drawings.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office and Revit required.
- Ability to perform standard CAD functions using ADT or like system and be able to reason through design conflicts.
- College Degree or Technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of engineering design experience working on a wide variety of building types, such as commercial, light industrial, institutional, laboratories and government facilities.
HOK - 11 months ago
HOK has designs on your project -- but in this case, that's a good thing. The global architectural company provides planning, design,...