- Develop strategic vision and related activities for defined areas of the organization’s policy and advocacy work
- Provide policy and advocacy technical support to country programs as assigned
- Build partnerships with government and other private sector organizations and advocates for policies and programs that maximize impact and resources to further women’s reproductive health and the mission of Ipas.
- Represent Ipas and advocates for women’s reproductive health and rights at national, regional and international conferences and events.
- Build networks and partnerships with other organizations and groups in support of the mission of Ipas.
- Serve on management and technical support teams for country and Africa regional programs
- Provide technical support for the design and implementation of policy and advocacy work, including development of proposals for funding
- Contribute to Ipas’s global policy change efforts
- Prepare technical reports and presentations and disseminate in country, regional and global for a
- Carry out other tasks as needed to support Ipas's policy efforts
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in relevant discipline preferred;
- 8 + years relevant experience;
- Demonstrated leadership and technical skills in areas of responsibility;
- Excellent communications and writing skills;
- Overseas experience preferred; in most cases, geographical expertise required;
- Ability to represent Ipas externally, including negotiations with partners;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated computer experience;
- Demonstrated crosscultural/language skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% time both domestically and internationally
Ipas - 12 months ago