Advancement Project is a public policy change organization rooted in the civil rights movement. We engineer large-scale systems change to remedy inequality, expand opportunity and open paths to upward mobility. Our goal is that members of all communities have the safety, opportunity and health they need to thrive.
Advancement Project’s Urban Peace program prevents and reduces community violence so that children can learn, families can thrive and communities can prosper. We are seeking a highly qualified Senior Policy Analyst to support our successful policy projects community transformation through technical assistance to communities throughout California, stakeholder organizing and training through the Urban Peace Academy, policy and advocacy to ensure comprehensive approach to violence reduction and neighborhood revitalization, and research. This position will report to Urban Peace Policy Manager in implementing multiple aspects of the project including technical assistance, research, and policy development as well as building and maintaining strategic partnerships.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Initiates and conducts research and supports Urban Peace projects which include technical assistance to communities, stakeholder organizing and training and policy & advocacy around police reform, youth development and gang reduction, violence prevention, juvenile justice, re-entry and realignment and ending school push out. Research areas include but not limited to community asset mapping, community needs assessments, policy analysis and development, literature review, researching promising & best practices in prevention, and cost-benefit analysis.
- Tracks national, state and local developments in policy forums including legislative activity around Urban Peace issues.
- Work with leadership at the Advancement Project and other partner organizations to articulate policy goals and implement research methodologies based upon these objectives.
- Represent AP Urban Peace in key policy and advocacy stakeholder networks.
- Nurture and expand upon partnerships while doing the necessary outreach to develop new relationships.
- Conduct presentations, briefings, and workshops to a broad array of stakeholders and partners.
- Other duties as assigned by the Urban Peace Policy Manager.
LANonprofitCareers.com - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard