Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in math, engineering, business, or the sciences.
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
The position requires eight equivalent years of experience in analysis and technical management.
Candidate must be able to work closely with the Project Manager to determine direction of work flow and to assure work activities are completed on time and in a smooth and efficient manner. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, with strong communication and analytical skills. Must be proficient in Primavera (P6) and MS Project.
The Primavera Scheduler will be responsible for initial set-up and implementation of the Primavera software, and will provide planning and scheduling services for the duration of multiple projects. The scheduler will provide the Project Manager with knowledge and resources in the planning and development of schedules from project development and operation, to completion. This will include loading, monitoring, updating project schedule information, and generating reports using Primavera P6.
Additional responsibilities include:
• managing and assigning work to other schedulers on the project;
• monitoring equipment, work activities, labor hours and costs, and material costs;
• researching and developing work breakdown structure (WBS) and the overall effectiveness of the Primavera (P6) scheduling system;
• planning the scheduling systems, work processes, and reports needed to support the idea generation through construction and successful startup and operation;
• coordinating the commissioning and start-up planning and scheduling systems, work processes, and reports needed to support the start-up efforts of the project;
• using the scheduling process to maximize efficiency of the work force and project execution; providing functional and management support of related project code of accounts, critical path analysis, and performance measurement;
• ensuring project planning and scheduling deliverables are accurate and delivered on-time to the project manager;
• coordinating shared resource activities over multiple projects;
• providing analytical insight into project risks, risk thresholds, labor requirements, and financial targets; and
• providing substantial input into the budget and forecast of capital projects for labor hours/dollars, material quantities/dollars, and financial data.
U.S. citizenship not required.
Create your application online for this job
Tecolote Research is a leading provider of decision support and project control services for complex acquisition, facilities, and...