Parsons Brinckerhoff has an immediate opening for a Transit & Rails Senior Principal Engineer in our Baltimore, MD office. Rail vehicle and systems specialist performing project management and technical tasks on a range of modes including intercity, commuter, transit, light rail and streetcar rolling stock. Duties included but not limited to task scope developments, technical evaluations utilizing industry reference materials, calculations and field interface with rolling stock, data compilation and analysis, report preparations, and support to group business development activities. Individual must have the ability and aptitude to assume increasing staff management and client interface in support of the Rail Vehicle Groups goals and objectives.
Currently anticipated projects this individual would support will include Maryland MTA On-Call Rolling Stock Engineering and Baltimore LRT.
Specific experience we are seeking – The individual must have a cross section of technical experience addressing different rail vehicle and systems, experience in task and project management, and excellent writing skills demonstrated in technical and business related documents in the rail industry.
Position requires a degreed engineer with 10 years of experience including specialist technical assignments, strategic project management, contract management and commercial negotiations. Street car and off-wire traction power system experience preferred.
Skilled at combining a broad generalist understanding of systems with strong organizational and leadership skills, and a high level of computer literacy to manage assignments while maintaining focus on high level issues.
- Ability to explain technical information in the form of written reports or visual presentations and produce clear documentation and technical literature to support engineering processes
- Experienced Technical/Project Manger with the ability to motivate and lead both professional engineers and support staff
- Excellent industry knowledge including business and commercial awareness and management skills
- Practical experience supporting the operational, maintenance and manufacturing activities of rail transit companies and/or agencies
- Authorization to immediately work in the United States
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 20 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...