Perform Human Resources related duties at the management level. Provide leadership for all Chicago-basedstaff in employee relations, performance management, health and safety, training, recruitment and employment, benefit administration, and affirmative action.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide overall leadership for all Chicago-based employee relations functions . Primary responsibility for management of employee relations. Partner with Chicago management on matters of goals setting, policy development, and strategic implementation in support of achieving corporate objectives and business growth. Provide guidance and problem resolution on the following issues: safety regulations/compliance, workmen’s compensation, GREEN initiative, working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances.
- Assist with succession planning initiatives, developing and maintaining affirmative action program, EEO-1 reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations. Create the annual affirmative action plan and senior leadership presentation with supporting analysis inclusive of compensation analysis. Represent company at local unemployment hearings and assist with EEOC claims.
- Develop department goals, objectives, and systems. Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Assist in development, modification, and implementation of Human Resources policies, forms and procedures including employee handbook.
- Partner with the internal legal department when required in matters such as policy development, employee relation issues, terminations, and monitor compliance with Federal and State labor laws.
- In conjunction with the Talent Acquisition group, screen, interview, and recruit job applicants to fill entry level, professional and technical job openings. Conduct exit interviews and makes recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement. Facilitate and/or provide training (including new employee orientation) to the workforce.
- Responsible for ensuring the personnel records are in compliance with record retention policies and contain required information. Outlines correction plan needed for compliance.
- Responsible for mentorship, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of the staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees. Review performance of and recommend hiring, promotion, termination, disciplinary, and commendatory actions on all assigned personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- 8-10 years in Human Resources.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Background in employee relations, employment law, recruitment, HRIS, compensation and benefit administration. SPHR or PHR certification.
WMS is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that WMS conducts business. If you are requested by WMS to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with WMS may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
- Sensitivity to the need of every individual to be treated with respect and fairness. An understanding of human resources principles and practices, with special emphasis on Equal Employment Opportunities and Affirmative Action laws and requirements for various subgroups.
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization (both inside and outside the company).
- Ability to create and develop high performing teams.
- Adaptability to change in fast paced environment and ability to motivate staff to excel within that environment.
- Strong budget planning/forecasting and expense tracking skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with proven organizational skills.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government regulations and all applicable laws.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Knowledge of MS Office products
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. WMS encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
WMS Gaming Inc. - 17 months ago
The reels keep spinning and the jackpots keep flowing, thanks to this company. WMS Industries is a leading manufacturer of casino gaming...