Job Category: Technical Service and IT
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 818659-98937
Are you a seasoned manager in the IT/Business profession who loves complex and high stakes challenges? Do you want to play a critical role in shaping the direction of Microsoft’s product, service, and program launch strategy and operationalizing this strategy across Microsoft IT? Do you like to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment with the unique opportunity to engage with a broad spectrum of organizations within Microsoft IT and across the Microsoft enterprise? Are you passionate about customer/partner experience?
If this describes you, we have a great opportunity for you to lead the Microsoft IT Launch Excellence team responsible for driving thought leadership and execution excellence in support of Microsoft’s most complex product, services, and program launches. The MSIT Launch Excellence team owns end-to-end launch planning and execution as well as the governance framework across MSIT. This team engages at all levels within MSIT and with various organizations across Microsoft’s business groups, Operations, CSS, and other critical launch partners throughout the product lifecycle to ensure MSIT’s readiness to support launches and enable a high quality customer experience, both internal and external, throughout the process. MSIT’s launch planning and execution framework intersects and aligns with practices and processes that include Last Mile Excellence (LMX), IT Life Cycle (ITLC), and Quality Assurance (QA). This is an extremely exciting, evolving, and dynamic space. In this Team Manager role, you have a unique opportunity to expand this team charter to really become the “de-facto” launch planning and execution team across MSIT. You will be at the forefront of investment priorities and capabilities to deliver
As the MSIT Launch Excellence Team Manager, your responsibilities will include:
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Managing a team of 6-7 FTEs; Vendor and/or CSG as required
- Proactively managing risks and issues to ensure launches stay on track to meet interim milestones, time/scope/quality/funding expectations, and ultimately meet business and CPE objectives
- Drive demand planning, risk and complexity assessment, and leading implementation of appropriate engagement model specific to individual launches
- Delivering “left-to-right” Launch Readiness reporting across MSIT for all Microsoft Product Launches, inclusive of Internal and External readiness activities
- Build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships and partnerships across IT orgs that are engaged in launch planning and delivery
- Relationship management between IT, Last Mile Excellence Engagement Managers, Operations BG Engagement Managers, Business Group Marketing Operations, and CSS Mission Control. Evolving relationships to Trusted Partner Status through proactive engagement, information sharing and advocacy for the launch partners within MSIT
- Develop communications and presentations to MSIT Leadership Team and Launch Sponsors as well as various Steering Committees and Core teams supporting launches
- Participate with Operations BG Engagement Managers and Business Group Marketing Operations to review product roadmaps, go to market strategies and business models, new capability requirements, demand forecasts, and schedule timelines
- 7+ years in a people manager capacity, with a proven track record of building and leading highly functional and agile teams; Experience leading organizational change a plus
- 10+ years’ experience required in the software industry or a business consulting role focused in product/program management, process management, and supply chain operations. Previous experience with product launches is desired. Microsoft BG experience a strong plus.
- Strong ability to build credible relationships across multiple internal customer groups
- Capacity for strategic thought leadership
- Ability to solve highly unstructured business problems
- Sound understanding of IT technology concepts; must have a basic understanding of software architectures, MS products, development tools, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills and ability to distill technology projects into understandable and compelling executive level presentations.
- Ability to evangelize to and educate senior executives (technical staff and non-technical staff).
- Ability to develop a vision and purpose and rally a matrixed organization around a direction.
- Experience managing multi-million dollar financial portfolios and delivering large-scale global implementations of software solutions. *Remove from JD
- Proven track record of excellent leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field of study; Graduate professional degree preferred
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...