USIS , an Altegrity company, is a leading federal security solution provider that supports National Security initiatives around the globe for over 15 years with more than 6,600 employees working in all 50 states and overseas. We offer state-of-the-art solutions in Construction Surveillance, Intel Analysis, Physical/Personnel/Facility Security, Investigative Analytics, Security Analytics, Counter-Surveillance, Personal Security, Infrastructure Protection, Litigation Support, Records Management, Cyber/Forensics, Training & Law Enforcement, and Immigration Investigation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer , in Springfield, VA.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of the Desktop Environment Team. The Senior Systems Engineer will have traditional Systems Engineering experience with the demonstrated ability to apply the Systems Engineering discipline from a lifecycle perspective to support the delivery, configuration, setup, test and deployment of new capabilities. During this lifecycle the candidate will perform continuous status analysis and reporting to ensure a solid understanding of each project's transition status throughout the lifecycle.
The candidate will be required to exhibit good communication and customer support skills:
The Senior Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
- Must be able to effectively communicate across the AIT Program, with the client, and with other contractors
- Has a historical understanding of NCE and its evolution with respect to SE practices as a result of lessons learned during NGA's preparation, execution, and transition out of BRAC
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or with a small team
- Must be a team player and be willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success
- Must be able to manage priorities across multiple projects
- Must be able to work within tight schedule timelines while delivering high quality products to the customer
USIS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Manage the transition of a capability through the SE lifecycle and support the Governance Board structures that have been established to manage programmatic changes
- Identify areas of gaps and inefficiencies, provide specific inputs and recommendations, and work hand in hand with the government client to obtain support and authorization for delivering solutions
- Assess requirements changes and their impacts on the NCE-Active IT program baseline requirements
- Analyze existing SE processes and provide guidance and leadership to implement a more systematic and rigorous process which will support the management of change, both within and external to the program
- Lead the development and enhancement of lifecycle artifacts required to be developed during the SE lifecycle (example artifacts include ROMs, project plans, project schedules, requirements plan such as SRDs, detailed design documents, CONOPs, test plans, SEMPs, transition activity plans, etc.)
- Works with other intelligence community agencies to ensure project schedules are briefed and all outside agency dependencies are accounted for and requirements are met.
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening required. All resumes are held in confidence. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. No faxes please. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
- 5 years of experience as a Lead Systems Engineer to include experience in leading, managing, and collaborating with a broad range of organizations and groups/teams needed to accomplish the system engineering tasks
- Demonstrated experience leveraging the Systems Engineering "V" concept to manage change
- Proven experience in successfully serving as a Project/Capability lead with the responsibility of managing the lifecycle integration of a capability and its associated components into an existing architecture
- Demonstrated experience in the area of Requirements Management - activities include user engagement to perform requirement elicitation and derivation, generation of formal requirement documents, and verification activities to close-out project requirements
Experience in SE related areas such Configuration Management, Change Management, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, and Process Management
- ITIL Foundations; or an understanding of ITIL and the application of domain knowledge of the client's architecture and infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience with client or Mission Partner Systems
- Familiarity with client's leadership and organization
- Demonstrated understanding of the Readiness Processes at NCE (control gates, board structure, etc)
- Experience in supporting Strategic Planning activities
- Expertise in using scheduling tools such as MS Project
USIS NSD - 19 months ago