Security Clearance Status:
Security Clearance Type:
US Citizenship Required:
BAE Systems is looking for candidates to provide high level technical expertise on System Engineering activities such as developing systems level avionic requirements, developing operational systems concepts, originating design concepts and architectures, developing systems level integration/test plans and assisting in validation for complex avionics control systems. An individual at this level will need to communicate clearly and accurately with customers, suppliers and team members. Candidate should have excellent project leadership skills. Travel required.
Duties and responsibilities involve the following:
1. Performs systems engineering functions by doing one or more of the following:
a. Develop, allocate and manage complex systems level requirements.
b. Review, develop and document system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Research and develop complex systems designs and architectures.
d. Develop and analyze redundancy management algorithms.
e. Prepare and/or review documentation for system designs and architectures in accordance with established systems development processes and procedures.
f. Oversee and direct system/product integration.
g. Oversee and direct verification and validation of systems to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
h. Produce and/or review technical documents and specifications.
i. Participate in design reviews and conduct design analysis. Initiate new designs and file patent disclosures.
2. May support System Safety Engineering tasks for complex systems.
3. Support remote site operations and sustainment activities at customer locations.
4. Act as a technical leader to the business in identifying potential new products or business opportunities and define associated program requirements.
5. Provide technical guidance on proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
6. Be an effective group/task leader. Responsible for scheduling, assigning work, reviewing the technical adequacy of work products, meeting cost and schedule for assigned group and interface coordination with other groups.
7. Prepare and deliver customer and technical presentations. Candidates should possess strong communication skills both written and oral. Required Skills:
• Experience in avionics or electronic control related development (12+years) including detailed knowledge of avionic systems (flight controls, actuators, autopilots), interfaces and data buses. • Experience in full lifecycle development including system requirements and design, system-level integration, verification and validation. • Technical writing skills: proficiency at creating required engineering documentation. • Experience in integrating electronic equipment including hardware/software. • Proven demonstrated experience leading program teams. • Experience interfacing with customers and suppliers. • Familiarity with ARP4754, DO-178B/C and DO-254 or equivalent stringent process requirements
• 20+ years experience and detailed knowledge of Flight Controls, Actuators and/or Autopilot systems. • 5+ years in a technical leadership capacity directing a team in the development of a large scale avionics system, including the development of: o requirements and operational system concepts o avionic systems architectures and designs o model based development of systems and/or software o system level verification and validation • Knowledgeable of commercial certification objectives and activities • Familiar with data bus protocols (Arinc 624, RS422 AFDX or CDN).
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group’s Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
BAE Systems - 5 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...