As Senior Process Automation Engineer you will interface directly with clients and our project team. They design, develop and implement the DeltaV process control system for continuous and batch processes according to customer requirements. Engineering services for system configuration includes the development of graphics, I/O configuration, I/O checkout, and control logic for automation projects. A Lead Automation engineer directs a team and ensures project success by monitoring both scope and schedule.
- Technical responsibility for automation on grass-roots and control system upgrade projects
- Work on a project team with other professionals
- Work with new product technologies such as DeltaV, DeltaV SIS, AMS
- Estimate configuration efforts
- Manage scope and meet project schedules
- Lead other engineers in configuration efforts
- Write configuration functional design specifications
- Define control strategies and system architecture
- Configure DeltaV control systems from Control Narratives & P&IDs, using IEC 61131 Function Blocks, Structured Text, and Sequential Function Charts
- Plan and execute integration testing and FAT
- Plan and execute SAT, commissioning, and start-up or hot-cutover at customer plant sites
- Be the technical lead, coordinate and work with other project technical disciplines, project management and customer representatives to lead multiple projects
- Coordinate installation of control systems and field instrumentation
- Legal authorization to work in the USA on a full time basis for other than current employer
- BSEE or BSChE or equivalent
- 2-8 years configuring control systems/DCS/PLCs for projects
- Must be comfortable working with end users or EPCs
- Experience in delivering FEED studies
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to build and sustain customer relationships
- Must convey a professional image with customers
- Must be comfortable in plant sites, and possess the ability to negotiate staircases, ladders, scaffolding, and catwalks
- Demonstrated ability to lead configuration teams
- Willingness to travel to customer sites (up to 25%)
- Experience configuring DeltaV control systems
- Experience with Batch Processes
- Combustion Controls Experience (Boilers/Heaters/Thermal Oxidizers)
- Experience implementing both grass-roots and control system upgrade projects
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- Hot-cutover experience
- FOUNDATION fieldbus and other bus technologies, e.g. ProfibusDP, DeviceNet, AS-i Bus
Relocation benefits may be available for this position.
Emerson Process Management is a leading supplier of process management products and solutions, including control valves, regulators, transmitters, analyzers, and automation and safety systems. Its Process Systems and Solutions business makes automation, safety, and operations management systems – built on the proven PlantWeb digital plant architecture – to help plants run more safely, reliably and efficiently.
Experience the Rewards
As part of PSS, the St. Louis and Houston Engineering Centers have expertise and capabilities in all phases of the process automation lifecycle from early planning and design, through project engineering, project execution, commissioning and ongoing operations.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package to include medical, prescription drug, and dental plans; 401k with company match; profit sharing; company paid life, AD&D, and travel insurance; educational assistance in form of tuition reimbursement; short-term and long-term disability plans; matching gift program; and holiday and vacation plans.
Who May Apply
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Process Systems and Solutions' policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law.
Emerson Process Management (www.emersonprocess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production,...