GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: The successful candidate will work closely with Process Operations and Maintenance providing advice and support together with maintaining and modifying the control systems and control strategies used to monitor, control and interface the operator to process areas throughout the mine site. The senior process control engineer shall have and demonstrate skills in requirements gathering, design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions for the manufacturing industry including batch software, PLC/DCS systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, Visual Basic and PC networking technology. The candidate must have knowledge of process manufacturing filed instrumentation, technology and batch process manufacturing expertise in all of the following project phases: Requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system integration, testing and on-site startup. Daily responsibilities include solutions implementation and support of the project team objectives. This position may provide technical direction or leadership on a project basis for one to six process control engineers. This position demands a team player approach to project execution. Plans and coordinates technical design and engineering implementation of project work. Must have proven experience with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, AutomationDirect, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromta, Toshiba, etc. Must have proven experience with any of the following DCS Systems: ABB, Foxboro, Honeywell, Emerson, Westinghouse, Bristol Babcock etc. Must have proven experience with any of the following HMI or SCADA software packages: Wonderware, Rockwell, Intellution, GE Cimplicity, Ci-Tech, Iconics, Siemens, US Data, etc. Other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering OR computer related field and/or five (5) to ten (10) years experience maintaining and troubleshooting controls systems required
• Familiar with HMI (Wonderware application would be a plus), PLC/DCS systems and data historians required
• Additional knowledge of OPC Server configurations, Microsoft Networking, MS Operating Systems, and MS Office applications preferred
• Knowledge of control strategy development, loop tuning, advance process control strategies and/or applications and fiber experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required
• Ability to work in a team based environment required
• Must be highly motivated with the ability to work with minimum supervision required
• Strong dedication to safety and courageous leadership required
• Demonstrated ability to perform essential functions of position required
Other factors, including an employee’s performance, length of service,
and work record will also be considered.
Barrick Gold Corporation - 18 months ago
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and...