Triumph Structures – Kansas City, Inc. a division of The Triumph Group, Inc. a global leader in manufacturing and overhauling aerospace structures, systems and components. Operating in 64 locations worldwide, Triumph designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aerostructures, aircraft components, accessories, subassemblies and systems.
Triumph Structures - Kansas City, Inc. is an EOE manufacturer supplying 3, 4 and 5 axis machined parts and assemblies to the military and commercial aerospace industry.
Triumph Structures - Kansas City produces components, tools, and sub assemblies to customer's engineering data. Some of Triumph Structures - Kansas City's specific capabilities:
Precision Machined Components - landing gear, thrust reverser components, titanium nacelle components, titanium, steel, and aluminum structural components.
Extrusion Center - an entire facility to produce small clips, tees, brackets, angles, and shear ties as well as longer parts like floor beams, seat tracks, chords, and stringers.
Mechanical Sub Assemblies – thrust reversers, landing gear cylinders, actuator hinge assemblies, guidance system components, and floor beams are all sub assembled plus many other small structural extrusion assemblies.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Aerospace Process Engineer - To develop and document a manufacturing process that will control the manufacturing of a part that meets or exceeds the customer’s requirements within the allotted (budget) time.
Job Requirements :
Essential Job Functions:
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Good Personal Computer skills with knowledge of MS Office and Databases.
- Interpret drawing package (blue print, parts list, etc.) for requirements.
- Operate MRP II job processing system.
- Create a manufacturing plan based on customer and TSKC requirements to include detailed assembly operations.
- Knowledge of outside service processes and their effects on our mfg. plan.
- Knowledge/Familiarity with complex Aerospace assemblies.
- Knowledge/Familiarity with Aerospace sheet metal details.
- Ability to interact with Subcontractors and outside processors as a focal.
- Ability to operated CAD software (UG experience preferred).
- Ability to apply principles of continuous improvement, including: JIT, KanBan, Lean Mfg, Cellular Mfg.
- Familiarity with inspection planning and methods.
- Interpret specifications; Aerospace Machining, Customer, Military, Federal, Material etc.
- Root Cause & Corrective Action investigation & discernment.
- Help to develop skills of those within department and manufacturing.
- Follow written QAS (AS9100) procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment.
- Other tasks/duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Familiar with SPC and related methods.
- Knowledge of Machine Functions (G codes, M codes, Offsets, etc…).
- Design Manufacturing and Assembly fixtures, jigs and gages.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
- 8 years experience with machining in same or related shop environment (Required).
- Manufacturing Engineer (2+ year / BS Degree) (Desirable).
- Experience managing complex Aerospace assembly projects.
- Experience dealing directly with Aerospace customers.
- High Speed Machining experience is desired.
Triumph Group, Inc. - 18 months ago