Job Description: The Senior Process Improvement Engineer will work as part of the Supply Chain Team and be responsible for managing and implementing multi-million dollar business transformation initiatives.
- Identify and implement cost savings and process improvement projects through detailed analysis of fulfillment, IT systems, reverse logistics, and other supply chain management processes.
- Quantification of costs and benefits created for each project.
- Lead joint process improvement initiatives with our upstream channel partners.
- Identify, understand and explain the impact of new processes and/or changes to existing processes on product quality and customer satisfaction. .
- Lead the design, implementation and tracking of performance measures and reporting to validate expected results from process improvement activities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Finance or other related field.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Process Improvement Engineer.
- Work effectively in a very fast paced, results oriented and unstructured environment. Must show independent initiative to identify, drive and implement process improvement projects in addition to large, cross-functional transformational initiatives.
- Proven project management experience, to include hands-on application of project planning, timeline, and risk management tools in a cross functional environment.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, leading and implementing medium to large-scale process improvement initiatives.
- Continuous Improvement techniques such as Lean Thinking, Six Sigma, TPS, etc… in a manufacturing / distribution/service environment a plus.
- Strong leadership presence, including ability to champion change and influence others.
- Polished oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in supply chain management, freight management and/or reverse logistics a plus.
Overstock.com allows you to shop a Persian bazaar of clothes, housewares, music, books, and more. The online discount retailer hawks...